Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 8,674 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Thanks, it’s the limited edition ‘aged IP finish’ steel gmw 5000V – limited to 300 per region, no idea how many regions there are 😉

I really like these new metal G Shocks.

tthew

I got one of those french military elastic watch straps for my Vostok. Bit of a mix of nationalities, but I think they suit each other rather well. Now I just need to put on about 3 inches around my wrist to make it fit. 🙄
    null

Fudd
    Free Member

I bought a couple in the Watchgecko sale and they’re useless- far too long for me so the buckle is at the side of my wrist and about 10mm from the springbar. I know the Erikas MN’s are stupid expensive now but at least they’re custom made for a perfect fit. Hopefully Watchgecko will offer them in S, M and L in the future.

tthew

Yeah, this was a cheapy eBay special. Cheap enough to mean I’ll just get some green thread and shorten it myself. One of those Erikas straps would be about 50% more than I paid for the watch!

neilnevill
    Free Member

ok seiko modders, where could I find a green ceramic bezel insert for a Sumo SPB103J1?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Like this one which came up in Google when I searched for GREEN SEIKO BEZEL SUMO

Ceramic Insert – Sumo MK2 Hulk

neilnevill
    Free Member

Yes they sort of thing, ta. Bit confused by that one though…. Title says mk 2 sumo but the reference number isn’t right and it seems to be plugging the sapphire crystal as an upgrade…. The MK2 has a sapphire OEM. That sorry of thing though, yes.

johnners
    Free Member

I got one of those french military elastic watch straps for my Vostok

That really suits the watch with the green and red picking up on the dial and second hand. For a proper culture clash I’ve got my Komandirskie on a Bond NATO, though tbh I don’t find the original leather anywhere near as bad as most people seem to.

ok seiko modders, where could I find a green ceramic bezel insert for a Sumo SPB103J1?

Might you not want to wait for your brand new watch to arrive before you get cracking on the mods?

Merak

Kato

That’s handsome Merak

Kato

Nice price too. Tempting! How are you finding it? Seiko movement isn’t it?

Murray

Not bad for £50

Merak

It’s a lovely thing tbf. The design is very elegant. Reliable Seiko movement and as you say a reasonable price. Sapphire glass, chunky leather strap.

I prefer it to the busier upcoming model 2

johnners
    Free Member

The design is very elegant

It’s simple and clear in a field/Type A sort of way, nice skeleton hands – I like it. I must confess I prefer the SS version though.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

£6 Erika on my beater Seiko. Big improvement on the leather NATO I had been using, way too chunky.

null

Futureboy77

Got a few “nicer” watches, but i’m developing a thing for Vostok Scuba Dudes. Cheap, cheerful and easy to mod, with a great history too. A proper beater watch!
    Just waiting on the postman for bits to mod a couple more. Apologies for crap pic.

null

neilnevill
    Free Member

Johnners… yeeesss but…no harm in looking!.
    btw, spotted yesterday watcho have a blackfriday deal on with 20% of the new sumo making it about £590 iirc…plus ‘extended warranty for free’ although ho mention of how long thats for!

Still…I beat that price by over £50.

the sale was on garmin and gshock too i think.

neilnevill
    Free Member

murray, very tudoresque emblem and rolex smurf hommage. looks smart though.

ebikegum

Local watch dealer selling a pre-owned Rolex GMT Master 2 Pepsi with box and papers for £13,000!!

Really?? Are they commanding that sort of premium?

plyphon
    Free Member

Welcome to Rolex in 2019. The demand for steel sports watches is through the roof right now

lunge

Not this, this is a tempter.
    null

johnners
    Free Member

Johnners… yeeesss but…no harm in looking!.
    btw, spotted yesterday watcho have a blackfriday deal on with 20% of the new sumo making it about £590 iirc…plus ‘extended warranty for free’ although ho mention of how long thats for!

Well at least take the stickers off first! I saw the Sumos on Watcho, they used to have 15% off watches over £300 so they’ve pulled that, applied 20% off to some watches and called it “Black Friday”! It’s still a good price but pretty slippery all the same. The warranty extension is for a year, making it 3 on Seikos, and they’ve rather arbitrarily valued it at £100 IIRC. The green Sumo is very handsome but 44mm is maybe a bit big for me though I’ve not had one on wrist so don’t know how they wear. Even with the reduction the price is definitely a bit big for me too, and I’m trying to see the year out without any more watches!

neilnevill
    Free Member

I tend to agree on all that. I worked out how much to bid on ebay by guessing someone might do a 20% ish offer and knocking enough off that for ‘ebay from italy hassle’ so my price is ok, although I didn’t factor in a year of warranty too but chances of a problem are low.

its 45mm i think… massive. Probably way too big for me but we shall see. I can always sell it on and probably get most of the cash back….and then I’ll know I want the green LE MAS instead.

I’ll stick with the alu bezel for a start, I just wanted to see if ceramic replacements were about and how much. its hardly a mod really…just a material upgrade.

Merak

Too much?

johnners
    Free Member

Too much?

Too much what? Text all over the front?

Never, it’s a Casio!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

New Spinnaker watch about to launch. Called the Amalfi. 46mm watch, Sapphire, c3 superluminova, 24mm lug width. 4 colours… Teal looks lovely. Orange had a Sumo vibe to it. Early sign up gets you 25% off. Says Japanese movement so I’m guessing Miyota

I like it. Piqued my interest as I got married and honeymooned in Amalfi. I’m just not sure about a 46mm watch with my skinny wrists. Might take a punt with 25% off though.

https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/YZAwLyylVRKd2AcMONmqat3zpS5njoMleHv1xH5QeoYawEiQUVGjuytL54M_A9astINlRzpluzJITdmGXG-Ri9o1c6asBmLcoJWgWHRhw0wL6kN3HVxBhwflkiNsdn39f45zrTX6KiFAdo8Y0CyH_mGUc_Cy3Ck=s0-d-e1-ft#https://d3k81ch9hvuctc.cloudfront.net/company/NgqesC/images/24d70ea7-2578-4bf0-b065-38e3b445ca12.gif

aphex_2k
    Free Member

ebikegum

Local watch dealer selling a pre-owned Rolex GMT Master 2 Pepsi with box and papers for £13,000!!

Sod that Get a Parnis GMT for less than 70 quid. Sapphire and AR, ceramic bezel. Probs even cheaper via aliexpress in their black Friday sale

johnners
    Free Member

New Spinnaker watch about to launch. Called the Amalfi.

46mm and 250 grams – too much for my 7″ wrist!

I’d maybe be tempted by this PVD Spence in their sale if I was in the market, only mineral but at $149 there’s some value there.

Or Phoibos have just launched a GMT Eagle Ray in some interesting dial colours. (Only a) quartz movement but sapphire and decent enough value at 200 euro if it’s made to their usual standard.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Merak – my silver metal one is more tasteful!

Merak

@derek_starship

Don’t think I hadn’t thunk of that. 🙂

Kryton57

Well, a trip to the Phoisbos site and…   thats quite good looking.  Reminds me of a Tudor Black Bay Bronze… yet 10% of the price.

johnners
    Free Member

Well, a trip to the Phoisbos site and… thats quite good looking. Reminds me of a Tudor Black Bay Bronze…

I was sorely tempted by that bronze Eagle Ray when they launched a couple of months ago. Already having a bronze 42mm diver with a black face and black ceramic bezel helped shore up my meagre willpower until the urge passed, but they’re a nice looking watch and it was a close run thing with the bronze bezel model. In the end I decided against but they were very well received/reviewed, I’m quite surprised they’ve not sold out yet tbh

RustySpanner

Derek, what model is that? It’s lovely.

Sure you must have posted it before, but it’s late. 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

Cheers oxidised wrench. I do like it.

Model no. is GMW B5000.

Kryton57

I was sorely tempted

I still am.  I went solo window shopping last week and tried on a few watches.  I absolutely fell in lust with a Tudor Black Bay Bronze when I tried it.  So, other than £2700 what are the differences that would substantiate the Tudor over the Phoisbos?  Just the name and legacy?

plyphon
    Free Member

So, other than £2700 what are the differences that would substantiate the Tudor over the Phoisbos? Just the name and legacy?

Unsure if you’re aware but Tudor is the sister-brand to Rolex. This means you get lots of awesome Rolex-tech and engineering inside their inhouse movements, as well as a punching-above-their-weight level of finish.

Sure, a lot of all luxury goods (watches especially) is paying for the brand name, but I feel this is less so in Tudor. The movement in the Bronze is the COSC certified inhouse Calibre MT5601 which will get you -4 to +6 secs a day.

If you’re a watch nerd, then it’s worth it imho. Not so if you don’t care about the technicals. It’s the exact same comparison to a £2k bike vs a Halfords special for someone who doesn’t care for bikes.

johnners
    Free Member

So, other than £2700 what are the differences that would substantiate the Tudor over the Phoisbos? Just the name and legacy?

Name, legacy, bragging rights down the yacht club, and I suspect that it’s just a little bit better finished. And don’t forget you’d also be buying into probably about the same cost as the Eagle Ray for a periodic service!

If it helps, Phoibos have 10% off the Eagle Ray from tomorrow, have an EU base so you won’t be hit for any Import Duty or additional VAT like on some other micros plus you can return it if you don’t like it.

Of course, if you’re after something more original in bronze the Zelos have just opened orders on the Hammerhead 2, starting at $369 for NH35. Who doesn’t need a 1000m capable dive watch to ease those worries about splashing it when you’re washing the car?

Kryton57

Not sure I’m keen on that, looks like something my user named alter ego might wear…

Unsure if you’re aware but Tudor is the sister-brand to Rolex

I was but not enough about the details, so thanks for helping me understand that.  So Rolex-ish quality for sub-Rolex prices.   Not sure I’m concerned about the servicing cost, I’ve never serviced my 2006 Aquaracer although maybe I should…

10% off the Eagle Ray

That makes it about £298…   hmmmm

plyphon
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about servicing – I’m not sure what their recommended service intervals are but Rolex just upped theirs to 10 years. But many only service when the watch starts to show signs of running erratically, which could be many more than the recommended 10.

Your watch will also come back with a refinishing should you desire.

Basically the Tudor will outlive you – I’m sure the cheaper brands are made well these days but it’s not uncommon for cheaper off-the-shelf movements to break.

Kryton57

I just bought a watch box, bloody hell I’m in this for life…

the Tudor will outlive you

Ah the old “an heirloom” marital justification method… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 8,674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.