Viewing 40 posts - 6,041 through 6,080 (of 8,569 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • pisco

@sss I like that calendar format. Have you seen the Ball version?

ball

kilo

Barton seem to be a go to for sailcloth straps. I bought one from them, but didn’t really get on with it as it was very rigid and as it turned out the watch looked better on a Zulu. However it was good quality and the q/r function was a nice touch.
    IIRC delivery was a bit slow

Royal Blue | Sailcloth Quick Release

IvanDobski
    Free Member

neilnevill
    Free Member
    I like a NATO/sailcloth type strap. I like tool straps on tool watches. Or a bracelet, but bronze and bracelets don’t work.

Oh I’m not saying that the style of strap is cheap, just that particular version of one looks flimsy. Maybe worth getting one to see if the style works before getting a nicer version?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tthew

I had one of those Barton sailcloths. The stiffness didn’t really trouble me, but the tang holes frayed horribly and from pretty much the first wear. A lot of the reviews said as much too.

Hopefully they have sorted it now, but if not their customer service is absolutely top notch at sorting out complaints.

walowiz

Little bit later than I’d planned, but hopefully here’s a pic of my thirty plus year old seiko

Old Seiko

walowiz

@pisco

@sss I like that calendar format. Have you seen the Ball version

Now that I really like, really wish I hadn’t seen that as I don’t need another watch

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Right, the Orients are up for grabs on the classifieds if anyone fancies taking over the collection…

https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/orient-watches-others/

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh I see. It’s a ribbed single pass NATO, (Zulu?) Which I think is the Tudor ’twill’ style
    For example
    https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0122372/Tudor-Black-Bay-FiftyEight-Navy-Blue-Automatic-Fabric-Mens-Watch/p?gclid=CjwKCAiAjPyfBhBMEiwAB2CCIl7v4l6vtKo79u4SFleYjWvXdRWbimMF6lE6BmSKW_TwaBzuGGV5PRoCS2UQAvD_BwE

Now while there is still variation in finish and thickness I tend to think with this sort of strap you rapidly get into diminishing returns. The price of a Tudor ( or omega) OEM fabric strap is somewhat absurd.

neilnevill
    Free Member

My preference would be for a two piece like this
    ZULUDIVER Seasalter Two-Piece Military Nylon Watch Strap – Black, Blue, & Beige
    The difficulty is the slightly unusual 21mm lug width for the Rado. Although I might try a cheap 20 and cheap 22 to see how bad they look. 21mm and bronze hardware is trickier again.
    Barton seem decent but like so many sailcloth style straps they have leather lining, which sort of defeats the aim doesn’t it? I believe blancpain made sailcloth fashionable fitting it to the fifty fathoms (and charging the earth for a fabric strap again), and there’s is leather lined too. It’s supposed to be a waterproof strap, leather is a great material but waterproof it is not.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Zuludiver straps are usually very good in my experience, if they’ve got one which fits the criteria then I’d go for one of theirs.

Kryton57

Originally posted on p120 or so, I have. Zuludiver seasalter on my CW. I think its very good, this is a pic 5 mins ago (apologies for my grubby desk), after a year of bi-weekly wear:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ojDUAf]IMG_3705[/url]

Its kinda double NATO thickness TBH.

I’d quite like another for my Gecko as I find this one a bit floppy, but I can’t get as good a colour match:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ojG8gF]IMG_3706[/url]

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’d definitely give the seasalter 2 piece a try, except it’s not 21mm.
    21mm and bronze hardware is tricky.

Kryton57

They are pretty snug, you may get away with a 20mm.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Tw

SSS
    Free Member

@pisco I do like that also. Had a look on the Ball website. Looks like theyre limited editions. You can get a limited serial number between 1-1000 and egraving.
    It looks the best in the Blue dial. However there is a Bronze dial which is 70% of the other dials. Obviously not a popular choice!!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m really rather taken with this 39mm Timex Marlin:

£250

Marlin

jp-t853

The Citizen NJ0100 range has a similar case design to that Timex

This one seems to be £100 currently, I think they are great value. I personally prefer the Blue and Brown ones

https://ormoda.co.uk/citizen-nj0100-89a.html

mrmoofo

Anyone have any experience of Marloe watches ?

Sceptre – Black Edition

I have a hankering after the above

CountZero

Those here who like NATO/ZULU straps, and similar styles on tool and sport watches, might be interested in these, they have genuine military provenance. I’m seriously considering a Yema NavyGraf, and Yema offer a free one of these type of straps with the watch.

NDC Straps — The Story Behind The Original Marine Nationale Parachute Elastic Strap

Kato

Swatch have excelled themselves with this new MoonSwatch.  A golden chrono hand made for one day under the February full moon. ….

Who comes up with this nonsense

Kato

The Rolex lasted a whole two weeks as well.  Just couldn’t get excited by it and as the missus said, it was a lot of money to not be sure about.  Made a profit selling it on mind you so have something coming that I’ve always wanted.  Wasn’t made under a full moon either

kilo

…they have genuine military provenance.

Unless one has genuine military provenance oneself I find this desire to wear regimental/ French navy unit colours a bit weird tbh.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’d it that or just a belief that if it was good enough for military use it must be tough and good value?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Military spec generally means the cheapest option which hit the minimum requirements, it probably shouldn’t be used as any sort of guide to quality. 😀

Mikkel
    Free Member

Quite like the look of the Marloe, except for the name on the dial.

Have put my modded Seiko on the classified and open to offera.

Hopefully get my kickstarter watch later this year.

Futureboy77

I have the Erika’s Original version of the Marine Nationale strap and it’s brilliant. Really comfy and secure.

I sold all my Seiko divers during lockdown and decided there was a Seiko sized hole to be filled. Bought this new to me SPB053J1. Came on a Strapcode Super O with an unused original rubber strap and an unused seatbelt NATO. Well happy with it. The finishing is great and the colour really pops.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Really, you really did that over buying my spd081J1? Really? Really! Well some people have no taste 😉😉

Mine pops more though.

Futureboy77

Sorry my man. Send me pics and I may be convinced otherwise 😉

Finding my love for Seiko again, which is no bad thing.

beanum

Seiko Announces More Dive-GMTs With The Prospex GMT SPB381, SPB383, and SPB385

I don’t need another watch, especially not another Seiko. I don’t really need a GMT either, but I do like these. £1700 is chunky though…

Kryton57

@beanum those are nice but these GMT’s are much cheaper:

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/product-category/seiko-5-sports/sports-style/filters/calibre/4r34/

The Sharp Edged series is in between.

Bullet

Never considered a Yema watch before but since GMT was mentioned, spotted this updated Superman GMT 500 and really like the red and white bezel…
    YEMA Superman 500 GMT

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh well if you like a seiko GMT I’ve been wearing my snr051 pretty solidly. Although I’d probably go for the 033 if one had come along.

Kryton57

I do like that SNR051 with the black / white bezel. I can’t bring myself to consider a circa £1-2k Seiko after all the alignment issues during ‘22.

I too liked the Yema having recieved an email from Yema last week, but is that printed indices on a £1200 watch? Hmmm. Other than the movement, it’s almost the same as the £199 Geckota GMT…. …albeit the Gecko is quartz. Every time it comes out it looks flat to me, I guess I’m an applied index man.

Futureboy77

Never considered a Yema watch before but since GMT was mentioned, spotted this updated Superman GMT 500 and really like the red and white bezel…
    YEMA Superman 500 GMT

I was about to buy a Navygraf Heritage until I read an article by a watchmaker which was quite scathing about the in house movements.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve just put my Baltany 42mm military manual wind on a Hirsch Kent.

I think it looks lovely. Yes they are assembled in China but the movement is enclosed by stainless steel and sapphire crystal and the Seagull movement keeps good time. £180 + £32 for the strap.

Kryton57

Thats very nice.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thanks Kryton.

I’ve got a Seamaster and a Constellation etc. but this is the one I go for.

So it doesn’t have to be a Swiss timepiece to groove your truffles.

Most of the £5k spent on an Omega goes to advertising, paying their ambassadors and staffing / lighting / renting the boutiques in airports and expensive shopping areas.

igm

Oh well if you like a seiko GMT I’ve been wearing my snr051 pretty solidly. Although I’d probably go for the 033 if one had come along.

SUN019P1 Prospex Kinetic GMT here

pk13

I quite fancy one of the swatch planet watches not entirely sure why maybe nostalgia as they started my love of watches.
    I do need** a new Smart watch as my Samsung active has battery issues but well out of step with them, just not apple as it needs to be as tough as my g shock.
    What’s out there not fussy about mapping

Viewing 40 posts - 6,041 through 6,080 (of 8,569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.