• This topic has 5,414 replies, 339 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by a11y.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,321 through 5,360 (of 5,415 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • Premier Icon nicko74

The Sinn U50 has arrived! SDR (black bezel) Tegiment. No messing about – got an email yesterday saying they were giving to UPS in Germany, turned up today at lunchtime. Even the bracelet comes with spring bar tool, allen keys (for the hex bolts), threadlock (ditto) etc. Loving it.

It’s really surprisingly small – the thinness really is what stands out, especially given the 500m WR rating. But it’s got some heft when you hold it, more like my 42mm/ 15mm Oris ProPilot

Sinn U50
    again

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Creation Watches have got some good deals on G-Shocks at the moment. I’ve just got a couple more and so as my lad. At less than £50 a pop it was daft not to.

Premier Icon Murray

Very nice Nicko, the bracelet looks really good

Premier Icon lunge

Creation Watches have got some good deals on G-Shocks at the moment.

Casioak’s in the sale. Don’t think I’ll be resisting that.

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

Very much the tool watch there Nicko, interesting.

Premier Icon Kryton57

Casioak’s in the sale. Don’t think I’ll be resisting that.

I don’t really get the fuss about Casioaks therefore can’t bring myself to buy one as well as the GSteel I have. I’m after the £80 5610 that’s been out of stock on Amazon for a while as a cheap digital. I did note that Creation have a 5600 and a “special forces” 6900 in that sale.

Kinda cursing that I bought an Instinct Solar 2 in Blue as it’s a bit socially unacceptable IMO otherwise it would have plugged the gap.

Premier Icon Wally

Niko, very nice. A sinn is on the bucket list, just love the over engineered understatement.

Premier Icon Wally

Nice.

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

What Movements do sinn use?

Premier Icon gaidong
    Free Member

Liking you U50 very much!

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

Damn. The grand Seiko I was interested in had sold. Oh well. I still have several nice watches to enjoy

Premier Icon Fudd
    Free Member

Love the U50 Nicko. If they did a 41mm UX Hydro I’d be sorely tempted…

neilnevill
    Free Member
    What Movements do sinn use?

I thought they were all Selitta in the autos and ETA in the quartz, but I’ve been nerding out on Sinn the last few weeks and discovered they’re also using Concepto 7750 clones and La Joux-Perret in the Diapal chrono, which is basically a heavily modified 7750.

Premier Icon sprootlet
    Free Member

Love the Sinn

Asked for a cheap dive watch for holiday duties. The lovely people at Momentum sent a 10% off code and the engraved watch was with m within 5 days.

Very happy, just need to go on holiday now:)

Premier Icon nicko74

Thanks for the love! I cut the rubber strap to length and swapped it back on and at the moment am loving that. I’ll probably also look at a NATO and/ or a sailcloth strap too; I reckon it’ll be good with a range of straps.

Premier Icon gaidong
    Free Member

What made you go for the U50 instead of the U1? I had a UX before which was very wearable on a 7.25″ wrist but then it was only 13.3mm thick.

Premier Icon nicko74

I have little twiggy wrists, so the U50 is definitely the better size for me. But I never really looked at the U1 tbh, even though I quite like the blue version; from the start I quite fancied the small but solid tool watch aspect of the U50, to complement my bigger Oris (44mm case, 18mm height).

Premier Icon metalheart
    Free Member

‘inspired’ as it were, by the chat earlier on related to the new Ranger I nipped in past the local authorised Tudor shop and had a look/feel of them in the metal. I was quite taken with the braceletted one.

On enquiring about availability I was advised 3-5 months if I pay up front. If I only put down a deposit then anyone ponying up full cost in advance would leap frog in the queue…

Whats normal (and how long before situation normalises as per, say, black bays)?

Asking for a friend (.

Premier Icon Murray

Black Bay Pro was in the same position a few months ago, you can now get them straight away if you travel, my local Beaverbrooks didn’t have one but the one in Milton Keynes did as did several Goldsmiths branches near me

Premier Icon derek_starship
    Free Member

How much longer can I resist a new watch?

This beauty popped up on my interweb this morning:

Zulu

£2,500. Love it.

Premier Icon Kato

Those Spirit GMT are good value and handsome with it

Premier Icon metalheart
    Free Member

@murray: Thanks, I’ll let it slide for now then. See how I feel should availability be improved end of the year/start next…

Premier Icon scratch
    Free Member

Near the start of this thread there’s me pining for a Omega Speedmaster MK2, life changes so much, now have twins in childcare 3.5 days a week so that MK2 seems forever away!

But, with them in mind, and me not wanting to be pulling my phone out my pocket to check the time when I’m with them I’ve just grabbed this, which I feel like I’ve fallen onto a bandwagon with but does exactly the job I want it to (survive being covered in play sand etc) whilst looking decent

£50 S/H off Debop

watch

Premier Icon SSS
    Free Member

@scratch is there supposed to be a photo?

Premier Icon scratch
    Free Member

Shows for me? Thought if I could see it everyone else could!
    No doubt some box needs ticking on Google photo’s…

Premier Icon Kryton57

I could see it then it vanished.

Premier Icon gaidong
    Free Member

Youpi, off to Paris for some watch boutique pervin’. Not sure I’ll get in everywhere; I fell off my bike this morning (yes, the rain made the descents slippy) so am a bit bludded! The shops that don’t bat an eyelid get my vote, the colour of my money is more important than the colour of my poor shredded knees.

Premier Icon Merak
    Free Member

Premier Icon ctk

Nice!

Premier Icon Wally

Merak, nice PRS-29A. Eddie does make some nice watches, have the Navigator myself.

Premier Icon gaidong
    Free Member

Morning!

Well, I’m pleased to report that nowhere refused me entry despite my very dubious attire and blooded knee. My main AD says my Milgauss z-blue might come in this September and then we chatted for an hour about my latest horological perversions.

Then I dropped by JLC to see if they had the new Duoface Calendar in stock. They did…

The smokey blue sunray is outstanding but I was disappointed by the main dial. I found the day and month apertures a little too close for my taste, and I wasn’t keen on the daylight blue used on the moon dial. The upside, at €16200 I wasn’t going to buy it anyway! And I got a bottle of Perrier, double score.

Premier Icon kilo

That JLC is lovely, I must admit I find the white face the prettier of the two, love the date indicator window and hand.
    There’s not many companies that can do a decent square / oblong watch face, JLC and maybe a Santos

I’m a sucker for G Shocks. 2 more just arrived from Creation Watches in Singapore. Delivery time was about 2 weeks.

£60

£47

Got quite a few now and it is a bad habit that my lad is picking up because he bought another too.

Premier Icon Kryton57

I love this thread. In the space of an hour 4 very different pieces from both ends of the spectrum. Still deciding between a 5600 for authenticity, a 5610u as the most useful watch in the world (maybe) and a 6900-1 as a 5610 alternative with historic Navy Seal overtones, I’m setting myself the challenge of pulling the trigger on one of those by 1pm today.

Before that, it’s time for coffee and this weeks JOMW episode.

Premier Icon TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I am planning to pop into an Omega dealership tomorrow to see about trading in my Omega Seamaster 300 automatic 41mm.

My dad has asked me if he can get me something to remember him by and i thought it might be nice to upgrade this watch to a Speedmaster (new) and then give it to my son for his 20th which is in December.

I have looked on the shops website and tbh i think they are selling similar watches for anything upto £4k but that seems excessive. What kind of mark up do these places have on trade ins? 100%?

Just want to know a fair value so i can do some sums before going in

This would be a good example similar to mine

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Pre+Owned-Omega-Pre+Owned-Omega-Seamaster-300M-Mens-Watch-2531.80.00-2531.80.00/p/408700281490

I love this thread. In the space of an hour 4 very different pieces from both ends of the spectrum.

I can do the other end too with my Omega.

Premier Icon SSS
    Free Member

Can you set Watchfinder and Chrono24 and the like to search private sellers only? To get a representation of secondhand value (without dealer markup?)

It something ive never tried to do…..

@gaidong
    lovely little JLC there, and i can appreciate the craftsmanship putting all the complications into such a little space. The Reverso is a watch ive never taken to TBH, probably because of its size and shape and id need better contacts to read the dial information.

The G-Shocks are cool as…. and massive! (Too big for my wrists)

Premier Icon TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

That chrono24 site is good. Its unbelievable the differing conditions and prices though. Some are very poor condition and want £3k+. Makes me happy mine seems to tick most of the boxes, automatic, condition, box, and everything like new. I just know i am going into the shop and gonna be offered half these figures. If thats what its worth then fair enough. I suppose i could get a value and then see if i can sell it elsewhere.

Do Omega dealers ever do ‘a deal’ or are they more ‘thats the price, take it or leave it’

Premier Icon SSS
    Free Member

Every Omega dealer ive used, and friend have used, have got between 10-20% off retail. Non High Street chains, but independant ADs. That was in the 2010-2020 range though.

I got 15% off my SMP300, and got my Speedmaster Triple Date half price (been languishing in store for a while and was in the sale)

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

Omega used to be easy to get 15-20% off but it’s got much harder. Note impossible, but much harder. You should get a free strap or 5% easily enough but will have to be lucky or shop around for more.

The bond SMP 300, private sale, I’d say £2500-£2800 in good condition. Trade in, not sure but I suspect more then £1800 would be doing well. That’s all a bit of a guess though.

Me too, love that this thread covers the bottom, the haute, and all the bits between! Not a fan of the jlc Reverso though. It just looks really old fashioned and old man’s watch to me. In the same measure, g-shocks always leave me cold and the chunkier, more garish make me wrinkle my nose in dislike! Sorry! Each to their own though and thanks for sharing.

PS, modern SMP on the wrist and loving it!

Premier Icon Alex

Birthday next week. Tempted by

I have another of their watches bought impulsively in a sale a few years ago. Compared to many on here they are pretty low end but it’s still £300 cheaper than upgrading my Fenix 6 to a 7 Sapphire or the new touch screen one.

I’m a sucker for a blue face and large numbers. Works well for me ‘arms a bit short’ eyesight as well.

Still I only wear my other one once a week or so. And I have a drawer full of assorted watches from a Ti Animal, a few g-shocks, a Tag from about 25 years ago and gawd only knows what else. I should dig them out and take a picture for your amusement 😉

Anyway still pondering.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,321 through 5,360 (of 5,415 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.