Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 8,673 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • igm

There are apparently questions as to how in house the manufacture (and quality) of their movements is but I don’t have verifiable information either way.

Kato

Read a lot of stories about poor customer service which put me off.  Handsome watch though

kilo

Not a big fan of that yema, the 24hrs ring on the inside looks a bit lame imho

Wally

Tz-uk sales corner is in full on summer slump mode. Is absolutely correct. Really fascinating to watch. Good luck with Zelos and Seiko.
    (Eddie’s Commander is my next purchase and currently wearing a cream Navigator)

walowiz

Damn, that’s not great news – was seriously thinking of selling my Orange monster.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Thanks Wally. CountZ has financial commitments and exercised impressive self control when I offered him the Abyss! And I forget who loves green but they’ve not been tempted by the sbdc059. Both came from tz and will stay there… If the slump comes to and end! Still Mondies sbga031 isn’t selling either. In fact neither are the Daytonas, various grand seiko including the latest release, wouldn’t be surprised if the 2 day old ranger didn’t shift, the Hulk.. the blancpain FF … The high beat grand seiko diver. … There are a lot of quality watches that aren’t shifting! Oh and my two

neilnevill
    Free Member

Orange monster for sale you say…. I’m being tested and found wanting!

walowiz

Orange monster for sale you say…. I’m being tested and found wanting!

I’ve had it from new, imported quite some years ago. I’ve just goolged seiko om and I can’t tell what year / version mine is now. I do have the box and spare links too, so there’s that!

Given the sames slump, I assume it’s only worth tuppence ha’ppeny ?

Kryton57

I assume it’s only worth tuppence ha’ppeny

it is yes, but I’ll be generous and give you a tenner for it 😉

Fudd
    Free Member

Tz-uk sales corner is in full on summer slump mode. This means I’ve had no luck yet selling, and it means more same more incredible watches piling up…. It’s torture and incredible at the same time.

I dunno, the Sinn 556A that appeared a couple of weeks ago was gone in a couple of hours.

As soon as I saw it I was like a fat kid on cake 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

I forget who loves green but they’ve not been tempted by the sbdc059

I was, it’s a lovely dial but I’ve concluded I’ve enough 42mm-ish divers.

I’ve just goolged seiko om and I can’t tell what year / version mine is now

This site will help, you just need the serial number and movement type off the case.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Nah less, bit give me a tenner I’ll take it. 🤣

They aren’t expensive but are admired and collected and rising in value if a decent example. I can’t remember what they command tbh, I stopped investigating when I realized a Heimdallr monster looked as good, had a better movement and finish and was cheaper… But I think you’ll looking at £200-250 ish.

Personally, is say an orange monster is a perfect summer beach watch so sell now, but neither the cheap stuff nor the exotica is selling on tz, so maybe just stick it on eBay if it doesn’t sell sheet a few days.
    As for age .. trapezoidal hour markers is mk 1, triangular ones MK2, and that’s about all I know!

Kato

Nice Fudd!

neilnevill
    Free Member

42.6mm johnners, so not really a 42mm ish…hahaha!

nice fudd, congrats. I don’t know Sinn watches well, care to share a bit about it?

johnners
    Free Member

As for age .. trapezoidal hour markers is mk 1, triangular ones MK2, and that’s about all I know!

Pretty much.
    Mk 1 – trapezoidal indices, day/date, 7s26
    Mk 2 – triangular indices, day/date, 4r36
    Mk 3 – trapezoidal indices, day with cyclops, 6r15, prospex branding, big price hike.
    Absolutely loads of mainly JDM LE models.

Murray

Called into Beaverbrooks Milton Keynes on the way home from work to see the Black Bay Pro and Ranger. The Ranger is still disappointing  in the flesh, the Black Bay Pro rather the opposite, it’s lovely, the colours work in real life  and the bracelet is really nice.

Deposit paid this morning, I’ll pick it up next week. It’s my first expensive watch, I’m buying it with money that my mum left me so it will be a link to her.

Kato

Lovely choice. Enjoy

Fudd
    Free Member

nice fudd, congrats. I don’t know Sinn watches well, care to share a bit about it?

Cheers! It’s Sinn’s entry level watch so a top grade ETA 2824 inside and 38.5mm case. You can get them with different dials and strap options, but the ‘A’ dial and H-link bracelet is the classic combo for me.

I’ve wanted one for ages but it never happened for whatever reason, then a month or so back I decided to buy a new one but the site was showing 30 week delivery times, so when this mint 2018 watch showed up on TZUK it was perfect timing.

They’re a brand that few outside of watch collectors are aware of with a no BS approach to watchmaking, so if it has an ETA movement they’ll say so and none of this crap about modified movements or in-house where none exists, which I find refreshing in this day and age.

This is my first Sinn but I don’t think it’ll be the last…

Wally

the Sinn 556A, Fudd, I had an eye on that too! Saw it the moment it came up and hesitated. Snooze and you loose.

twohats
    Free Member

Sinn watches are ace.
    Proper under the radar brand, usually only known by proper watch nerds with some very cool technologies going on and also a case manufacturer under the SUG brand for people like A. Lange & Söhne and amongst others.
    Current 556 and many other Sinn watches have the Sellita SW200-1 top grade movement which is adjusted to chronometer spec, but as Sinn state, it’s pointless getting the certification as its meaningless and bumps the price up.
    I’ve had my Sinn 556i RS for just over a year and a half now.
    It currently runs at plus 1 second a day.
    It’s also the only watch I own that ever get comments from random strangers recognising it and giving it the nod, much to my wife’s amusement.

neilnevill
    Free Member

thanks fudd! I’m a fan of eta 2824, and the sw200 (basically the same). durable, easily serviced and very very accurate, I don’t go for in house unless its got extra quality to it.

@Murray
    that is a fantastic reason to buy a quality watch.

gaidong
    Free Member

Cracked and ordered a Sinn 3006. 29 week lead time.

Kryton57

So, this is the IWC Pilot 41 chrono which I’m saving up for at £5,250:

image1

But this is Steinhart’s homage at €1050:

image0

Both use an ETA 7750 Vajoux Elabore, note the texture on the Steinhart.

WWSTW do?!

johnners
    Free Member

I prefer the Steinhart but tbh I’d never pay £5250 for a watch so I think that colours my opinion a bit and makes it a bit less useful.
    I don’t like IWC mixing the day/date complication in with the branding, a daft thing to do IMO. I also don’t get why it’s got that wee red hand, it’s not picking up on a red accent from anywhere else so looks a bit marooned. There’s quite enough going on with that dial without day/date, though I’m pleasantly surprised at Steinhart’s restraint in imitting it if they’re really both the same movement.

Kato

You want the IWC

Every time you look at the Steinhart you’ll still want the IWC

Kato

So my Omega rubber arrived and it’s completely changed the watch. The Seamaster bracelet was always a chunky monkey without any taper and this is so much more comfortable. Looks great. No where near worth the money they ask though, which was £280 with a pin buckle or £450 with the deployant clasp

Bullet

@Kryton57 I’ve got the Steinhart Nav-B Chrono in black and I like it. Feels nice on, keeps good time if worn regularly and looks good.
    Think I paid about £799 though which seems reasonable. If I was being critical, the chrono pushers feel a bit clunky but I’m comparing that to my Speedmaster so probably a bit unfair.
    You’re welcome to have a look at mine if you want a hands-on check before buying.

Murray

Picked up the Black Bay Pro, I’m very happy of it and will always think of my mum when I wear it

Kato

Lovely watch Murray.  I have the regular BB GMT and love the distortions from the domed crystal.  Enjoy it

SSS
    Free Member

@kryton57

IWC.

It’s one of those ones where you may have a regret purchase thinking what you could have had?
    Also IWC more likely to appreciate in value?

Kryton57

Indeed I think Kato is right. It may be 18 months before I can get one depending how well Sales commission goes for me, best be patient then. @Bullet thanks, must get up to Woburn for a ride to organise that!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Congrats Murray.

Kryton I’m sure the steinhart will be a great watch and excellent value, it will get good. Iwc … Go to an ad and try it on. If it has the quality it’ll feel like it’s worth the money, of it doesn’t you’ll know you’ll be disappointed with it.

Kato I agree, bracelet is quality but mine came off immediately and the watch went on a strap. B Hebert it couldn’t bring myself to pay OEM prices for a rubber strap and a deployant, so I’ve been very very pleased with a hooky deployant from Etsy and a black sailcloth with white stitching

Bullet

@Kryton57 – any time. I know they are working hard to reopen the Woburn trails so a trip would be good when we can.

Fudd
    Free Member

So, this is the IWC Pilot 41 chrono which I’m saving up for at £5,250:
    But this is Steinhart’s homage at €1050:
    Both use an ETA 7750 Vajoux Elabore, note the texture on the Steinhart.
    WWSTW do?!

I can’t think of a single watch with a 7750 I’d pay over 5k for.

My limit would be with the Pands Speedmaster or IWC 3706 and both are attainable for under 3k, so a nice 3706 with the bracelet is the correct answer

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve vaguely been keeping an eye out for a reasonably chunky GMT and have just seen the new Formex Reef. Not really seen much from Formex before but this looks great and very adjustable with qr straps and interchangeable (by hand) bezels.

I’m flipping between the white dial and white lumed bezel or the black and rose gold options at the minute…

You can also waste 30 minutes configuring a watch you’re probably not going to buy…

Kryton57

One of those Steinhart Pilot 41’s sold for £575 on Ebay last night, worn 3 times.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve vaguely been keeping an eye out for a reasonably chunky GMT and have just seen the new Formex Reef.

Make sure the hour hand is the jumping hand….nothing more frustrating than having the GMT hand (which should read GMT…) the jumper!…

..well there is actually…I watched my Fenix 6 fall off my wrist in slo-mo whilst kitesurfing yesterday. I wasn’t in a position to stop it either…Quite some way out to sea. Probably still working at the bottom 🙁

Moral of the story: don’t rely on cheap Amazon straps….

nicko74

twohats
    Free Member
    Sinn watches are ace.

I’m hoping so – the U50 order I placed in April (August delivery) has now been pushed out to November/ December delivery. It’d better be worth it! 😀

neilnevill
    Free Member

Was it to you kryton?

Kryton57

Lol, No. I did consider it but I need to flip the Tissot Supersport TdF first anyway. I also remembered – when looking at the Ebay pics – how deep the 7750 makes a watch. I decided this morning to wear my 2006 aquaracer chrono which has the same 7750 in to re-live the experience of a top heavy and proud wearing watch.

I’ll keep saving with a new bathroom being the real priority…. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 8,673 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.