• This topic has 8,686 replies, 407 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Kryton57.
Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 8,687 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • julians
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered an instinct to replace a rather battered fenix 3, it looks good value for money against the current fenix 5 and 5 plus range.

Hopefully it will land today.

Ive got quite a few watches:-

An oris f1 automatic
    An omega seamaster chronograph automatic
    A tag carrera chronograph automatic
    A casio g shock solar powered thing
    Garmin instinct
    Suunto d4 dive computer
    Garmin fenix 3

, but these days they all gather dust because i wear the Garmin all the time, I should probably sell a couple of the more expensive ones.

ElShalimo

There’s a lot of people with Seiko divers but not many with Citizen.
    Has anyone got a Citizen diver?
    Are they as good as Seiko?

alpineharry
    Free Member

There’s a lot of people with Seiko divers but not many with Citizen.
    Are they as good as Seiko?

I’ve not got a Citizen diver but have a couple of their watches and really rate them, the eco drive works well and build quality seems pretty good for the money, i’ve nothing toooo expensive from them but if I was in the market for a diver, I would certainly look at them.

This is one of the ones I have from them, as well as a standard eco drive (AO9003-08E) https://d1rkccsb0jf1bk.cloudfront.net/products/99941071/main/xlarge/AT4004-52E.jpg

MrSmith
    Free Member

did that fall out of a cracker?

Jason
    Free Member

I have a Citizen Aqualand Promaster. I have had it years and wore it diving for many of those years – when I dive now I use a dive computer on both wrist so no need to take a watch under water. Just dug it out of the drawer to see the battery has gone flat. I need to get the numbers on the bezel sorted out too.

Aqualand

ElShalimo

@MrSmith – c’mon play nice or go to your room

kayak23

I was wondering if any of you watchists might have a vague idea what sort of money these couple of watches might fetch?

They belong to my gf and she wants rid. I’ve not worn a watch in maybe 20 years so haven’t a Scooby.

First is a Tag Heuer Formula 1. Not the most attractive colour.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QAZPQV]Untitled[/url] by kayak23, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ehGGyJ]Untitled[/url] by kayak23, on Flickr

Second (and you’ll probably string me up for putting this in a posh watch thread)is a Swatch.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23KQkHr]Untitled[/url] by kayak23, on Flickr

Anyone have any thoughts on whether they’re worth owt?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I used to have a tag formula 1.I’ve never seen one with a plastic case like that.
    Is it genuine?

Nowt wrong with a swatch. Lovely watches.

rene59
    Free Member

Argh! My eyes!

Kryton57

This is one of the ones I have from them

I have that watch in different colours – basically a black/silver face and black bevel. Worth reading the Citizen history link posted on page 2 I think, makes you feel good to own one.

My watch expert friend said to me “everyone should own an eco drive”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup, resin case but with a metal inner. I posted mine on p3.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I had the steel f1 with the lume facia. Lent it to Mrs McAvennie, and she managed to lose it in a field after a triathlon 😔

neilnevill
    Free Member

My ecodrive is utterly borked. It must have been fine for 10+ years then it started refusing to display the last day of any month with less than 31 days in correctly…it would roll over to the 1st! It was looking to replace that watch some 8 or so years ago which resulted in my Planet Ocean. Anyway I gave the ecodrive to my partner to replace a trashed baby g-shock. She recently stole my 1961 seamster (but then she did allow me to get the SMP instead so I can’t complain….although the vintage seamaster is lovely). I saw the eco drive laying face down on the chest of drawers and pcked it up…stopped, second hand in the flat battery/power reserve position. So I’ve left it on the window sill for the last week to get the sun and….nothing, bork borky bork bork. Still, it was a good watch for what it cost and must have lasted 15+ years all in.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Anybody got experience or views on Stowa or Laco? Flieger model A in particular.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

ElShalimo

@aphex_2k
    – re Helm watches, how much import duty and VAT do you need to pay on one? I’m very tempted…..

No idea mate. I’m in Oz so I guess the risk is they’ll add import duties after inspecting it when it gets here. I think even with the potential of imposed duties, it’s still a cracker and good value.

Wally
    ElShalimo

Has anyone got a link to a reliable explanation of import duty, fees, vat etc?

plus-one

Bamford custom rolex’s ? Don’t know whether to be appalled or impressed!!

jeffc

Appalled. The correct response is Appalled.

ElShalimo

Awful. Awful. Awful.

neilnevill
    Free Member

take a bad rolex and make it comical! wow they are bad

CountZero

@plus one – those can’t be real Rolex, surely, they’ve got to be knock-offs made to look like joke watches. Or is it an attempt to make an expensive watch unappealing to a watch thief.
    Horrid looking things, both of them! 🤮

CountZero

@neilnevill – the problem with your Ecodrive sounds like it might be the actual battery, it’s similar to the Seiko Kinetics, solar power, but a built-in storage battery.
    The battery can be changed, but I believe some models might be soldered in place.
    Worth getting it looked at by a good dealer.

ElShalimo

@CountZero – I have a similar problem with a Casio ProTrek tough solar watch. I think the battery that is charged by light is goosed. It will start up but dies quickly even if left in a sunny windowsill.

Do you think it can be fixed? It’s about 15yrs old now and has been replaced by a Suunto Core.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Spinnaker Dumas available to buy now. Just had an email through. Enter the code duma25 for 25% off. Free Milanese mesh strap too.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A bit over a week ago I asked about a watch a mate had mine had found in a job lot of random goods. He thought it was a Rolex but no, it was an Omega Seamaster Automatic. Went for £820 on ebay last night. Thats 20 times what he paid for the whole box of stuff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Omega-Automatic-Seamaster-Cosmic-2000-Diver-Mens-Watch/202569068715?hash=item2f2a0eb0ab:g:GlcAAOSwsTJcQONL

plus-one

Seems Bamford will **** up and devalue any watch if you pay enough !!

Bamford Watch Department – Home

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

A bit over a week ago I asked about a watch a mate had mine had found in a job lot of random goods. He thought it was a Rolex but no, it was an Omega Seamaster Automatic. Went for £820 on ebay last night. Thats 20 times what he paid for the whole box of stuff.

Why would your mate have to buy a job lot of random goods which belonged to his late dad? After all, that’s where he says he got the watch from in the ad…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Provenance innit. I wouldn’t have bothered saying anything but some folk like a narrative.

shinton
    Free Member

@rene59 good steer on the Seiko SKX007 with the rubber bracelet. I picked one up overnight at Dubai airport for approx £190. Dual Arabic/English day function.

rene59
    Free Member

Nice one!

CountZero

@ElShalamo – difficult to say, it’s locating the appropriate battery rather than the actual replacement that might cause problems. As it’s a Casio, they might well keep things standardised across their range, so it’s certainly worth taking the time (!) to find a good Casio dealer who might be able to sort it out.

ElShalimo

Thanks

neilnevill
    Free Member

for shinton, rene59 and other seiko 007 lovers, you might like this read on hodinkee
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/seiko-skx013-dive-watch-value-propositionn

countzero, i guess ive written my ecodrive off now, it owes me nothing. besides the battery i guess the date display issue is a worn cog and the bracelet is so stretched it fell apart.

plyphon
    Free Member

Off topic to the current discussion but I’m getting the real horn for an Explorer 1 recently.

shinton
    Free Member

I saw that article nn and also a video comparison

I must say I’m not keen on the second hand or the minute hand on the smaller 013.

On the 007 I picked up today it’s a J model and has Made in Japan written between the 7 and 6. I started looking into the J versus K model but gave up as there was so much conflicting information.

juanking

Thought I’d join in. Got a few pieces G shocks, Tag Kirium and a Milgauss GV as my daily wearer. I’m contemplating either a Hulk, a Kermit or a pepsi/coke GMT. Keeping my eyes on TZUK and popping into as local AD soon to check on the wait lists…

neilnevill
    Free Member

best of luck on the hulk or pepsi gmt. i’m going to try another AD fora hulk but suspect around here (london) the only way is to invest in a relationship by buying a few other rolex. might have to see….are there any of the non-sport rolex that hold value and could be shifted on swiftly with out loss? datejust or the new oyster perpetual? i guess they will drop a little….or even quite a lot! I have been looking at that new oyster pep in articles and youtube stuff, it looks stunning….first non-sport rolex I’ve ever liked

juanking

So, heard back from my local AD, the wait list for on a hulk is……………………. 4-5 years!

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 8,687 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.