• This topic has 8,686 replies, 407 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Kryton57.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,121 through 4,160 (of 8,687 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • gaidong
    Free Member

Agreed, that was a great interview. 80s gal and proud!

boblo
    Free Member

They were well worn and a bit scruffy. Good to see 😉

neilnevill
    Free Member

Agree, can’t stand safe Queen watches

Fudd
    Free Member

New arrival –

And when you press the crown it does this –

S’alright for £70.

boblo
    Free Member

Oh… 😲

cookeaa

Nice, That’s using an expedition case.

Timex do lots of themed watches (including other Snoopy ones) but they mostly use the Weekender case it seems.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Just watched 14 Peaks on Netflix. What an incredible feat. Noticed that Bremont was one of the main sponsors so putting this up to celebrate.

aa

neilnevill
    Free Member

It’s a good watch, impressive, the Netflix docu I mean. I’m not sure about bremont, I’ve not seen them up close

reggiegasket
    Free Member

My local watch shop has them. I don’t know much about the movements etc. but they certainly look tidy.

Klunk
    Free Member

Blimey a rarity a non special edition Bremont

beanum

@Kato

I have that exact same Bulova watch, it’s a great dress watch.
    I bought it on the back of this review, although I’m not sure I paid that much for it..:
    A Blog to Watch

Good luck, I hope you find one!

tthew

That Snoopy watch is da bomb!

Wally

Love the Snoopy watch, right on so many levels.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Looks like I got the omega just in time, the price went up almost 5% last week

boblo
    Free Member

Looks like I got the omega just in time, the price went up almost 5% last week

Buy some more, they’re a good investment? That’s how I’ll rationalise/justify mine when it’s time for the big reveal… 😲 Its stablemates have all done well to extremely well.

Rolys look to have been a really good place to stick some spare wonga. I had a chum who had ‘a few’ unworn in a safe… He’ll be happy as a porcine in the excrement now… 🤪

neilnevill
    Free Member

As a normal person I can’t get a Rolex. I’d a could, then everyone could, and they wouldn’t be an investment.

boblo
    Free Member

Aye it’s crazy isn’t it? I remember when all you needed was the substantial wedge and you could walk into a jewellers and they’d fawn all over you as you made your choice…

How times have changed.

neilnevill
    Free Member

You used to get s discount off rrp

gonzy
    Free Member

i have a collection but last night was considering adding to it…
    everyday watch is a G-Shock GA400. i’ve got another G=Shock and a Casio Solar Tough knocking about too. recently restored an Oakley D2 watch after finally managing to source a replacement strap all the way from Oz.
    my dress watches include a Raymond Weil, an Emporio Armani, and a Panerai Ferrari edition. i did have a Rado but i sold it a while back.
    thinking i might invest in another G-Shock (i fancy a metal one) or a Tag Heur…wife might kill me over the second one though!

Kato

Got one of these coming

Couldn’t justify spending on a Speedy at the moment but picked up a Lunar Pilot with the old style logo for a decent price. I know it’s a big one but it if it proves too big I’ll be able to flip it for more than I paid so no great loss

52mm lug to lug……

neilnevill
    Free Member

Nice

boblo
    Free Member

Mmmm. Does like…

tthew

What’s the 2?2 kHz indication about?

Murray

What’s the 2?2 kHz indication about?

Normal quartz watches run at 32kHz. This runs at 262 kHz so should be more accurate.

wheelsonfire1

You watch people keeping an eye out for the watches stolen from Mark Cavendish? With all your expertise you might well glean some info?
    Just a thought…

tthew

quartz

Ah, right you are. 👍

neilnevill
    Free Member

I understood he had a couple of Richard mille. A bit beyond my price range, even from a bloke down the pub

beanum

I don’t know if that moonwatch Bulova above has the same quartz movement (Accutron) mentioned a page ago, but running at that speed, the second hand doesn’t click every second, but sweeps like an automatic movement…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I really like those Bulovas, I’ve almost bought one several times and probably will at some point.

Edit – there’s an interesting SE of the Bulova as well it turns out:

IvanDobski
    Free Member

**** me that’s a big picture!

boblo
    Free Member

Normal pic, big watch? 🙂

cb200
    Free Member

Any serial modifiers here? I’m after a dive bezel insert 40mm diameter and flat, not sloped. All the flat ones seem to be too small, and the 40mm ones sloped 🙁

boblo
    Free Member

Any serial modifiers here

I sometimes mix Cornflakes with Coco Pops. Does that count? 🙂

igm

Nah. That’s just mixing not modifying.

Now if you’d injected each Coco Pop with Nutella…

Kato

it is a big one. The case is no bigger than my Turtle but it’s very long in the lugs. Probably at the limit of what I can comfortably wear so avoid if you’ve skinny wrists

Supplied NATO is not great as it makes an already big watch sit up higher so it’s on the strap off my flieger until a new one arrives

Handsome thing though and as a space geek I love the history behind it.  I like it so it will stay, at least until I can afford a Speedy! Which at the rate the price increases seem to coming around will be never at this rate….

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the Speedy, might have been the first watch in space or whatever but it was also the first watch to fail in space as well – stick with something with a history of reliability. 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m thinking of picking one of these up. The strap will be a matching rubber strap, not the leather one.

Which dial colour do you prefer?

Black is classier I know but the blue is different…

blue

black

Kato

Black

but I’m not adventurous

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ivan, no no. Sturmanskie was what gregarin wore.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I knew that didn’t sound right even when I wrote it, hence the edited in “or whatever” to try and buy me some wriggle room!

Viewing 40 posts - 4,121 through 4,160 (of 8,687 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.