Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Watch servicing. The haterz needn’t bother
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

He’s about 80 and has been servicing Omegas since the start of time

I’d be worried that he might forget where the watch is and who it belongs to 😉

darrell
    Free Member

Just paid 400 GBP for a full service on my IWC

seems a lot but thats the deal with expensive automatic watches

P-Jay
    Free Member

neilnevill – Member

If it’s losing time the oil is thickening and service time looming, but if it’s still a repeatable loss, same each day, maybe just get it regulated and wait a little longer? Probably a tenner for a competent watch guy to regulate, done in a few seconds.

Omega servicing costs are on the website somewhere. £500 sounds like they think it has complications, is less than that for standard mechanisms, or was when I last looked…. Admitted I’ve not checked in a few years.

Please tell me these “Cometent Watch Guys” are called Regulators and they start each date with a “mount up”?

Weasel
    Free Member

I’ve used this place in London, I’m sure they are authorised Omega service as well

As a guideline my vintage Heuer chronograph was £240 for a service, works perfectly now

http://www.wtcwatchrepairers.co.uk/home/4045497

breatheeasy
    Free Member

You could buy a nice watch for £500.

C’mon, not trying hard enough. Surely it’s ‘You could buy a nice watch for £30 and have £470 to spend on a wood burner’.

Atomizer

I’d recommend Watchguy as well. Had my mid ’70s Omega done there.
    Very good service, photos as he disassembles and reassembles. Replaced parts sent back to you .

Only issue is having to book in for a repair slot which are only released at certain times. But at least that manages expectations.

Saccades
    Free Member

Cheaper to buy a donar watch to service most low range Seikos and swap new for old, then sell the donar and old movement. My 40 year old mechanical alarm watch is costing £150 roughly to fully service. Value mechanicals ftw!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

For my Brietling I just went into a high street shop that sells them and they send theirs back to Brietling themselves so I did that. Cost £375 in total and it came back like brand new with a new face, hands, strap polished back to new. It was 10 years old before I serviced it and in that time it’s appreciated by £500, assuming you keep things regularly serviced, so well worth it. Came back in a nice brand new travel case. I guess if you buy into the posh watch thing you have to accept the ongoing running costs.

funkmasterp

Looks at 17 year old G-shock that’s been treated badly for all those years and never needed anything. There’s only one watch to rule them all. BEHOLD!

wrightyson
    Free Member

As I said before certain omegas can only be properly serviced by omega. I was told that by an independent high end jeweller who didn’t like to turn down the work but was honest enough to admit it.

smurf
    Free Member

I can recommend Ryte Time…did a great job on my Monaco.

oink1
    Free Member

Can recommend this place. Did my SeaProf this year 🙂
    Premier Watch Repairs

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Presumably, all the haterz ride Raleigh Mustangs and use chip pan lard to grease their chains?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

funkmaster – I had one of them! I wish I still did. It’s gone into the big dustbin of life though 🙁

funkmasterp

Me too 😥 we should petition Omega to make a metal one with an actual fully functioning robot.

g5604
    Free Member

Always amazes me how stupid rich people are with money.

DrJ

Any recommendations for a place to service a Rolex in That London Town? It’s probably 40 years old and loses a couple of minutes a day 🙁

Scapegoat

Well, this particularly rich and stupid person spends about £120 every 4 or 5 years having his 1967 Omega serviced by an independent watchmaker. With an original ticket price of £70 ( in 1972) that watch has cost about £1.50 a year, plus the three times I’ve had it serviced since I inherited it. I’m not sure how many times Dad had it serviced, but I doubt it was very often.

My current Omega cost around £3k and has an 8 year service interval. I fully expect it to last at least as long as the vintage one, and I expect some dickhead on the internet will be criticising my son for owning and looking after it (and the Constellation which he will inherit as well) in 45 years time. But there you go, that’s rich and stupid for you.

juanking

Second or third Duncan at Genesis. He’s a true gent and pleasure to deal with. Here is an example of pricing:
    http://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/omega-pricing.html

gymaint
    Free Member

Another vote for Duncan at Genesis.

Nice guy and reasonable prices

Weasel
    Free Member

[/quote]
    DrJ – Member

Any recommendations for a place to service a Rolex in That London Town? It’s probably 40 years old and loses a couple of minutes a day
    Posted 6 hours ago # Report-Post

Try this place, they are the Clerkenwell end of Hatton Garden. I have a Tudor that’s a bit older than your Rolex and now runs perfectly after a service (to my knowledge the 1st service it had ever had)

http://www.wtcwatchrepairers.co.uk/home/4045497

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Watch servicing. The haterz needn’t bother’ is closed to new replies.