Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Watch out… Attempted Bike Theft Look Out Car Park – Swinley – Tonight!
  • funkrodent

I was lucky if was a £4500 Orange Five RS as well.. Can’t believe i actually caught him!

Perhaps that is indeed why you caught him. The Orange 5, slow enough to catch thieves on 😉

In all seriousness though, good work. Hopefully the old bill will come good and this scrote and his mates will be rounded up

zx1200r
    Free Member

Glad you got your bike back and only a few cuts n bruises you never know what scum like this might be carrying though as they are prepared whereas you are not. The best way to deal with trash like that would be to punish their own families assuming they haven’t already been disowned. It’s better that you as you have, try to make people aware to, maybe there should be a prominent notice about this incident at each carpark entrance in breif with the reg plate that’ll keep the t**ts away. I realise we all get careless but reminders tend to help now and again.

natrix
    Free Member

Suggest that OP emails Chief Constable of Thames Valley Police and copy it to :- Thames Valley Police Commissioner, Chief Inspector Bracknell Police Station, Prime Minister, local MP and the Home Secretary.

cookeaa

Unfortunately Swinley is almost ideal for tea leaves, the venue is often stuffed with high value bikes, many left unattended, while the owner goes to get a day ticket or a Mars bar, or in this case simply turns his back just to get changed…

The site has quick and easy access for motor vehicles and is local to major transport routes, so if a bike can be gotten round the corner and bundled into a vehicle it’ll be away pretty quick sharpish… that £4.5K would be worth a fair old whack broken down and ebayed…

I’d not be shocked if that fiesta wasn’t the only motor vehicle potentially involved, did you notice any vans knocking about? I only say that because a degree of planning seemed to be at work and once knicked your bike would need to be gotten out of view, if te scrote had pedaled it down the road he ran far more risk of capture, and I doubt bundling it into a a T reg fiesta is a quick and easy task when being chased by the owner…

If that Fiesta has not been reported stolen then I’d expect the rozzers to be looking into its registered keeper, their family members and know associates as a bare minimum.
    It sounds like there was a bit of organisation and a couple of people at work. Even if they couldn’t secure a conviction, the incident, given the Vehicle reg and CCTV footage especially, should provide a bit of useful intel’ for plod…

Do let us know if you get any further with this OP, the last thing any cycling venue needs is to be targeted by criminals.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Most CCTV nowadays can easily fast-
    forwarded….

most cctv is either too complex for the people who work on site, who aren’t trained to use it, or in fact the footage is stored centrally and has to be requested from their HQ.

Suggest that OP emails Chief Constable of Thames Valley Police and copy it to :- Thames Valley Police Commissioner, Chief Inspector Bracknell Police Station, Prime Minister, local MP and the Home Secretary

that will achieve 10% of f— all. Do people really think writing to top bosses has any effect other than to delay their complaint being dealt with, as it will pass through half a dozen in-trays before it gets to who will deal with it. I speak from experience as the person handling the complaint (2 weeks after it was made, which really gets us off to a good start…).

Reports of complaints are taken by sergeants, locally resolved complaints (ie. less serious) are handled by inspectors (or delegated back to their sergeants).

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/yournh-tvp-pol-area-N305

is the relevant neighbourhood for the Look Out. You (the OP) were badly served by the call-taker; if you’d reported it from the scene it should have been recorded as a “crime in progress” and graded immediate response. Don’t let it drop, but don’t waste energy getting all Major (ret’d) Angry of Tunbridge Wells either.

And theft is an ‘intent’ offence, the second he takes your bike the full offence is complete, he doesnt have to disappear into the distance with it.

scandal42
    Free Member

I cannot believe the police have not tracked down the vehicle and the potential stash of stolen bikes that will undoubtedly be found with it.

This seemingly small incident (on the grand scheme of things) could almost certainly lead to a much more significant discovery (on personal experience)

It is an excellent opportunity, providing the car isn’t stolen.

I really hate these C***s

natrix
    Free Member

Any updates on this??

Hi,

My name is Merryn Hockaday (5297)from Thames Valley Police. Please be aware that we have identified a suspect who is currently under investigation.

We have also spoken to a Manager at the Look Out who is currently putting crime prevention measures in place.

If you would like to speak about a specific crime, please phone 101 and ask to speak to Sgt Paul Morgan who looks after this area.

Kind regards,

Merryn

andymc06
    Free Member

Superb. Thanks for the update.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Great stuff. Nice to see something good has come out of this.

natrix
    Free Member

Good stuff, many thanks for the update. 😀

hatter

Nice work Merryn, go get the bastards!

TiRed

Thank you Merryn, and if you recover any bikes, be sure to post here.

plyphon
    Free Member

Wow we now have official statements from Police on STW.

adam@orange
    Free Member

Yes the police have been in touch today and think they know who it is. I’m surprised I didn’t expect to hear anything else from them 🙂 I will keep you updated with what happens. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Watch out… Attempted Bike Theft Look Out Car Park – Swinley – Tonight!’ is closed to new replies.