Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Watch for biking
  • rascal
    Free Member

I don’t really do watches but quite fancy one for outdoorsy stuff – biking and when stomping in t’hills.
    I want one that’s ‘sturdy’ and will take a knock and illuminates at night but doesn’t need to have lots of bells and whistles. Timex do illuminating ones and I think Casio do too…anyone experience of either? Not really sure exactly what I want – please show me your biking watches 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Never found a watch comfortable for biking – having it on the wrist as it flexed to hold the bars, always dug into my hand.

Garmin on the bars does everything a watch does and more, and doesn’t dig into anything 🙂

sprocker
    Free Member

I have been wearing a Casio g shock on the bike for the last 7 years still
    On the original battery and going strong

legend
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Never found a watch comfortable for biking – having it on the wrist as it flexed to hold the bars, always dug into my hand.

That’s why I just go for the tiny cheapy Casio things for a tenner. So small and light that you just don’t notice it while riding, or give a shit if it gets broken or scratched

molgrips
    Free Member

Even when I had a small one it dug into my wrist – I was always pressing the buttons on it with the back of my hand!

RustySpanner

As Legend says, the best I’ve found is the F 91W Casio or something else using a similar casing.
    The G86 is pretty much perfect.

I have a G Shock, but they are a fashion driven affectation, no tougher and much more uncomfortable than the £10.00 alternative.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Watch for biking’ is closed to new replies.