Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wasps
  • aleigh
    Free Member

Yes I have a wasps nest and somehow I still have some in my house. I've sealed off where I think they were getting in but even to this day I'm finding the odd one appear from nowhere which is really scary as I have two young children that could potentially tread on one in the night.

So, oh wise people of the forum – my question is this. Can wasps go to sleep for a bit and then wake up when they feel like it in your house?! 😯 If not they must be still getting in through somewhere I haven't spotted yet.

I have called the council out who since decided that my nest was no longer – they hadn't even inspected it or my brick work etc. Paying £39 for the priviledge was not happening so I had a go at them today which has resulted in a refund and I will now have to re-book the pest man for a proper inspection!

That is all……..

*goes off wasp hunting*

gixer.john
    Free Member

Sometimes find a rouge wasp in the bedroom in winter, one of the bastids bit me in the armpit the other night – swelled up proper. Can't find out where they hide, have looked in the attic, under the flooring etc. Sneaky buggers 😈

Drac

Blimey biting wasps!

Yeah found the odd one now and then in the winter fact one just the other day, huge it was. Guess mild weather and warm houses confuse them.

aleigh
    Free Member

ouch – fingers crossed that doesn't happen to me 😯

gixer.john
    Free Member

No good crossing your fingers, lie dead still all night with your arms and legs tightly tucked in. If you hear a buzzin sound during the night – they are out looking for blood 😯

aleigh
    Free Member

*goes hunting for mummy style sleeping bag instead*

gixer.john
    Free Member

They hunt sensing carbon dioxide, which is given off by breathing – you are better to try and hold your breath. A mummy style sleeping bag will be no good – they have evolved these hunting skills over millions of years 😳

aleigh
    Free Member

does anyone sell oxgen tents? 😆

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I knew where the nest was in my house (in a spare duvet, not very often used spare room, window open). I just closed the window and filled the room with fly spray, regularly for a few hours.

dangriff
    Free Member

We once had a wasp nest appear overnight in a small tree outside the labs in uni. I used to commute by motorbike, so went up to it in full leathers/helmet (with all vents tightly shut) and smacked it right in the middle with a piece of wood.

The little feckers got uber-angry after that…….

aleigh
    Free Member

so far so good……no more wasps have come out to play YET!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wasps’ is closed to new replies.