• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by bubs.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Washington South Downs Car Park
  • bubs

It’s such a fantastic day I’m planning on giving the Surrey Hills winch and plummet a miss to do a South Downs pootle loop instead this afternoon/evening. Does anyone know what time the Washington A24 car park gets locked now?

hoops

Not sure exactly what time its locked, but is often locked when I’ve rolled through of an evening. Usually between 2000 and 2130.

BTW, me and a certain DrP should be out in that area this eve from 1900 if you’re up for tapping into some local knowledge.

v7fmp

sorry for the hijack but…

@hoops
    – is there much in the area? i live just down the A24 in Durrington but havent really ventured up that way.

DrP

There’s tonnes out there!

I’ll be heading out tonight..hopefully catch up with @hoops , but… I’m also heading out with the missus (her on the ebike) so less likely to shred the Gnar!!!

All welcome!

DrP

v7fmp

@DrP – i cant make tonight, but would be up for a ride at some point.

Where do you usually set off from or meet? Just wondering if i can intercept you guys one day?

DrP

Cool..we ride Tuesdays.. Normall head up from worthing/goring Ish area, past west worthing station, then up towards the windmill at findon, or up the golf course climbs North of bradwater…
    Usually leave about 1910.. up on teh hills by 1930

DrP

v7fmp

perfect. i will fire you a DM and get something organised.

DrP

nice…
    bring 50p subs and a flask of weak squash for the journey…..

DrP

😉

bubs

I’m heading out early today but I’d defiantly appreciate some local knowledge another time if I can stretch to the subs.

DrP

fancy joining next tuesday @bubs ?

DrP

pictonroad

You can join the extensive, storied and varied list of people who’ve ridden with us.

Once.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Once

Think I’ve done it twice, must have forgotten the first time 😀

bubs

The South Downs and its big skies are a bit of a treat for me and not a regular thing as its a trek to get there. But next time I am able to head down I’ll aim to make it on a Tuesday to join that venerated list of one hit wonders. Oh, and for reference, the car park is open until dusk which adds a little spice to evening rides.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.