Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • washing machine leaks after filter cleaning???!!
  • jj55

Just had to remove the washing machine filter buried deep inside the back of my washing machine. Basically I had to remove a plastic jubilee clip, pull down a rubber housing off a nylon fitting.
    Cleaned all ok, but now when it’s all fitted back together the ******* thing keep leaking where the rubber housing is clipped onto the nylon fitting.

Any suggestions?

Not to self – next time buy one with a simple filter at the front!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Had the same problem. Bit of plumbers ptfe tape round the nylon hose tail fitting and replacing plastic jubilee clip with metal one did the job for me. I assume the housing is not cracked or anything?

jj55

Yes thanks, housing looks ok. Just put a load of vaseline around the housing before clamping the rubber boot back on again. Seems to be working at the moment…..

lasty
    Free Member

If that dont work, and if its a Hotpoint …
    Take out the plastic cage and remove locating tabs on the top – totally useless tabs but can somtimes stop the cage & sump seating on the drum. If the vaseline trick stopped the leak its not the vaseline, you just reseated it properly… 😉

junkie
    Free Member

replace the plastic clips for metal jubilee ones,the originals are only designed for one time use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘washing machine leaks after filter cleaning???!!’ is closed to new replies.