Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Washing machine DIY repair.
  • Ambrose

Can anyone offer any advice?

My Indesit W123 has developed a fault. It will go so far into a wash cycle, then halt and sit still with a drum filled with water. The programme knob then clicks round and round and round…

Red light flashes 5 times during this. Repeatedly.

Filter is clear, no hoses kinked. Water heats in the machine just fine. Door can be opened once the machine is switched off, but drum is now full of water. Belt is securely on both pulleys. Bearings are OK

nickjb
    Free Member

Motor brushes? Common fault, easy to fix

Ambrose

The motor works fine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sandwicheater

Sounds like it’s possessed. Best burn it.

ski
    Free Member

Is the filter guncked up, otherwise go with sandwicheater advice, but shoot it first.

Drac

Blocked filter, not sitting level so won’t go into spin, drainage pipe as back is blocked or programme timer is goosed..

Taff
    Free Member

My indesit did this. I had a coin in the filter. You may have something similar perhaps in the pipework. There are how-tos on you tube etc on how to undo it all

toys19
    Free Member

I use this forum to get help on repairs, they will want your exact model code, and are super helpful.

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forumsphpbb3/

Ambrose

I’m already £1:80 richer from the coins found in the filter! However, sneaking my finger a bit deeper I found a bit of torn cloth that I have now removed. There seems to be some sort of pump/ rotor/ impeller behind this that may have been jammed. Machine is now running in a wash cycle- I shall wait a while before I celebrate…

cvilla

Maybe some loose wiring, i.e. the wire that senses/controls the ‘pump water out’ signal. You will probably have to empty teh machine of water by hand 🙁 then look at ALL the wires, possibly one has come loose after a spin cycle? Worth a look.

Ambrose

GET IN THERE!

RESULT!

Machine seems fine now, so I have at least the price of a professional repairman/ new machine to go and spend on shiny bits for the bike!

I’m pretty chuffed TBH!

Ambrose

Did I use too many exclaimation marks?

Cougar

Good feeling, isn’t it. Mine went in similar fashion, for the same reason. Getting the pump out was a faff, but after it all works you can stomp around going “I AM MAN, RARR!” in an Alan Partridge stylee for the next ten minutes.

wwaswas

Kitchen flooded yet?

drlex
    Free Member

Nice one!
    I felt very smug having fixed mine last week with the aid of the Internet and the discovery of a parts supplier on a nearby trading estate. £14.95 door interlock and less than five minutes to swap – £200 Zanussi washing machine enters fourth year of (daily) use.

Ambrose

All still good. And the sun is out. And I’m going for a ride. And I have opened a celebratory tin of nasty lager. And the uppy-downy reverb works great. And I have a four day pass for next week. And I’ve sorted my phone. And I’m feeling EPIC!

RARRRRRRRRRR!

GO ME!!

I ROCK!!!

Ambrose

The bearings are sounding a bit rough though on the fast spin cycle 🙁

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Apparently you can replace the bearings with those off a top-end track bike…

Ambrose

I could have a World record holding Indesit. It would need a very long flex though.

Unless I linked a dynamo to the drum so that it generated it’s own power…

Water supply could be problematic.

Ambrose

Happy to report that all is now well- ‘fingers crossed’.

🙂 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine DIY repair.’ is closed to new replies.