Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • washing event clothing
  • meeeee
    Free Member

says on the label to wash regularly with a liquid detergant.

Can i just use normal persil or arial? Or do i have to use that nikwax techwash stuff. Just with it saying wash regularly then i'll have to start buying bigger bottles of the stuff!

29erKeith
    Free Member

not too regularly just as and when it needs it

big bottle of tech wash, lasts ages, you only need a couple of small cap fulls
    you need to make sure there's no residue from normal powders/liquids in the tray first as that stuff will kill it apparently

afterwards put it on a low in the tubble dryer, revives the breathability of it

every now and again use a reproofer too then tumble again

avdave2

I use the Nikwax wash and reproofer and it works well. No need to tumble dry either. i've tried Grangers in the past but didn't find it as good and that does require tumble drying.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I've been using Grangers 30degree stuff. Impressed so far. Worth the effort, IMO.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I've got a Montane Event jacket and its just wash in normal wash with normal detergent as per instructions and its absolutley fine

fbk
    Free Member

Some manufacturers actually recommend 'normal' detergents to ensure that all the muck is removed – I think the eVent material is particularly reliant in cleanliness for it's waterproofness.

I use liquid non bio stuff every time it gets dirty. I'm still not convinced it's 100% waterproof but thats another story 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Oh, and some (my endura included) actually recommend Steam ironing (on low "silk" setting) rather than tumble drying to revive the DPM.

I guess the key is to follow the instructions on the jacket

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

I just bung my event pants and jacket in the wash as normal and hey presto no problems. Bought in Sept 09, used everyday since for commuting and weekend trail riding, 4 normal washes later and still like new. I only wash them when they start to look dirty. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘washing event clothing’ is closed to new replies.