Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Washed my bike for the first time since May
  • enmac
    Free Member

Whilst washing my bike after a ride last night it made me realise that I hadn’t had to do that since May.  It has really been an amazing summer in Northeast Scotland, even when it has rained, the ground has been so dry that it just sucked the water up.  Even the peaty trails that turn into a bog in wet weather are still riding well.  Probably never see a summer like it again.

How are everyone else’s trails riding at the moment?

weeksy

Until the last 24 hours they’ve been dusty… today, i rekon they may be damp/muddy, will find out in about an hour.

fossy

Even had to wash mine in the summer due to the levels of dust. Gone muddy now and was completely filthy from a quick evening ride.  Might be switching to the old 90’s MTB with a rear splash guard – getting sick of washing down the camelbak

roverpig

Good point. My FlareMax (bought at the end of April) has never been washed 🙂

dissonance

Probably never see a summer like it again.

Wouldnt put money on that given current trends.

With the heavy rain had a few times where surface mud has been back but only lasted a day or so. Even what should have been a stream/river almost dried up completely at the height. Reckon tomorrow will be pretty dry with even the normal year round mudbaths being dust again or possibly a minute dodgable puddle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Washed my bike for the first time since May’ is closed to new replies.