Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Was I a bit harsh on Hope?
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I have posted up a few times recently regarding the lack of service i deemed i got when my Hope Headset packed up. TBH i will never buy another Hope Headset because i think they are a poor design and not worth the money.

However, i do run hope hubs and rate them much better than the shimano hubs (XT) i ran for years. On yesterdays ride the rear ProII freehub lost all drive. It happened AFTER the climb out of Watendlath SURPRISE SURPRISE. It actually regained drive for the climb up Honister pass as well 🙁

Anyhow, back home i dismantled it to find that (A) the hub came apart exactly like the video. (B) Every spring had snapped in the hub. Checked out CRC and they arent in stock so i called Hope this morning. The springs are in the post FOC 🙂

So my point is, the Hope ProII is a lot more easily serviced than i expected and Hope suprised me with their willingness to sort out my hub at a moments notice.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Is this a roundabout way of an apology to Hope for bad press on public forums?

😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Why yes it is. I dont feel any guilt when i give someone bad press because i make sure i highlight something when i think they have been good with me.

I still think their headsets are poor though.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

I agree, if I get a bum deal I am happy to tell all, likewise for a good deal. It’s just facts!

Got a nasty PM on another forum recently after suggesting a businessman often double books his business to groups of people, as it had happened to me and some other people I know. I replied and said tough, I won’t apologise as it’s a fact!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I would rather read the reviews and suggestions of someone who slates bad service and praises good.

There are too many people about who have rose tinted glasses and wont have a bad word said about certain brands. Conversely there are a lot of people who have bloody great chips on their shoulders weighing them down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Was I a bit harsh on Hope?’ is closed to new replies.