Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Was anybody riding Follow the Dog last night?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

We were and after riding the first section at about 20:40 we stopped before going across the bridge, which identically was bloody slippy. We were only still for about two minutes and we heard somebody shout out. It wasn’t a word or anything just Ahhhh. I shouted back but no answer, 30 seconds or so later there was another Ahhhh. Again I shouted back. We were beginning to wonder if it was somebody who was hurt, but why didn’t they answer? Or was it somebody who was playing silly buggers or a group of kids wanting to nick our bikes?

It only sounded like one voice and we couldn’t see any lights in the trees. It also sounded like the voice came from in the woods that the first section is in. Anyhow as the voice wasn’t answering back we decided to get moving. We heard it another two or three times and at one point I thought I could hear voices behind us. Almost felt like we were being chased or followed but I couldn’t see any lights so how could they see us.

Just wondered if anybody knows if there was a group doing some sort of night expedition or if anybody has been found hurt last night or even this morning. Thanks.

patriotpro
    Free Member

It’s a Yeti innit

Scamper
    Free Member

Sounds like a singlespeeder had ventured off the fire roads.

Or it was an Owl.

Northwind

Blair Witch

scruff
    Free Member

D of E kids, Army yoof group, Chavs, werewolf, Brummies having a meaningful discussion etc…

I_Ache
    Free Member

One of the suggestions at work was that it could have been a Sasquatch. I don’t think it was an Owl it was definitely more of an Ahhh than a Sqwark. To be honest it did actually sound like one of the calls from Finding Bigfoot.

A few of us actually got lost in the chase in the dark with no lights a week after watching The Blair Witch, we were shitting ourselves.

ski
    Free Member

It wasn’t a word or anything just Ahhhh

Sounds like you found the dogging spot that night 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Waits for follow-on post from a worried person asking if anyone riding FtD saw their missing loved-one.

Jamie
    Free Member

It wasn’t a word or anything just Ahhhh

Can’t a man enjoy a pint of Bisto, outdoors in the woods, in peace?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Isn’t there a St. Arrrrrggggh’s in Cornwall?

wwaswas

There be Pirates in them there woods…

rocketman
    Free Member

Sounds like just another night on the Chase tbh

Earlier this year I crossed over one of the fireroads and was surprised to see in my peripheral vision a couple of bright lights about 10 feet off the ground moving slowly and silently along the fireroad

I came to a halt in the trees and watched it go by.

What do you think it was? 😉

wwaswas

an owl.

scruff
    Free Member

Grey Lady ghost by Springslade, crying dead baby by Pottal Pool. Various suicides been found hanging from trees or floating in the Brocton duck pond, IRA hitmen, poachers, wallabies, panthers, wild boar, Rob Lamb 😆

rocketman
    Free Member

nope

Here’s a clue: the lights were as far apart as the fireroad and were moving along in formation

wwaswas

two one eyed siamese tigers with very large heads?

Jamie
    Free Member

several owls.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Maybe it’s that guy looking for his kid that he left behind…

ads678

Come on then, who was it?

scruff
    Free Member

Beast with two backs?

wwaswas

two jackdaws with headtorches?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Swan wi 2 necks?

Jamie
    Free Member

A haunted tractor?

wwaswas

one of these?

MrAgreeable

Orbital and Stephen Hawking?

wwaswas

rocketman
    Free Member

It wasnt a UFO or two MTBrs with helmet lights on stalks like all these things there’s a simple explanation

It was the TA or the mountain rescue pushing a trolley with a large satellite dish on it, which apparently they use when setting up comms in remote areas. They were practicing on the Chase at night

I_Ache
    Free Member

Brilliant so amongst the two possible suggestions we also have a Yeti a hellhound a pirate and thunderbird 2.

I doubt it was doggers as there is no access for public cars, it would have to be a terribly nice cup of bovril for the Ahhhh to be that loud. And I don’t think it was search and rescue as we saw them at the Horns last week.

tazzymtb

not forgetting the big black cat or the scariest we had……night riding where a chap suddenly appeared in a suit with not a drop of mud on him and dry in the pissing rain and in a strange voice asked for “the nearest civilisation” seeing as there’s cannock or rugeley nearby we had no idea where civilised folk would dwell….so left him for the panther.

was a proper X-files “they are amongst us” moment

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh yes the Panther I forgot about that. I don’t think it was a large cat the noise wasn’t deep enough, it definitely sounded like a man. t

I would have thought that a group of DofE kids would have made more noise or answered, anybody who wasn’t up to no good or badly injured would have answered back shirly?

wwaswas

Unless you heard their terminal breath before they slipped into unconsciousness and died a slow lonely death?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Does the Gruffalo ride round Cannock?

tazzymtb

Does the Gruffalo ride round Cannock?

yep on a singlespeed, it explains the funny knees, general hairiness and lack of social skills displayed in both of the gruffalo master-works

scruff
    Free Member

Rutting Deer? (more of a big pig being sick sound). I’ve just been over with the dog for his first proper night ride, didn’t see ANYONE.

addy6402

Three of us were out for a ride last night and stopped at the forest track crossing before the bridge at approx. 8pm. We heard various strange noises which I took to be some local jokesters trying to scare us…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thats where we were addy. Was this tuesday night? I very much doubt they would hang around in the rain for 40 mins before we came along.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Was anybody riding Follow the Dog last night?’ is closed to new replies.