Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Warranty on equipment bought from Germany
  • Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I’m considering buying a Reverb from a german retailer, but I’m not sure about what kind of warranty support I can expect to receive. Does anyone have any idea how SRAM handle international warranty?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

As a retail customer your warranty is held with the store where YOU paid your money. In the case it would be Germany.

nbt

doesn;t matter how SRAM handle it, your warranty is with the retailer, so if it goes wrong you have to send it back to Germany

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

Who you buying from?

Most German shops are fine to deal with, but it may mean dealing with the shop for warranty. Legally I think that warranty is EU wide, but should always be handled through the point of sale, it depends how sram want to handle it.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

The reason I ask is I know, for example, Specialized have an international warranty, and you can approach them directly and not through a retailer. This would make things a lot easier and faster.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Rockshox warranty is worldwide. Fishers will should with it, provided you have proof of purchase etc. I know this counts for forks.. so I assume seatposts as well.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Legaly the minimimum they can offer is the shop in germany has to give you whatever the german consumer rights are.

Nothing to say SRAM can’t offer more than that and get it fixed localy to you.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve had warranty repairs done in Sweden, on an RS fork bought in the UK, so it probably won’t be a problem.

I’ve not had many warranty dealings with German stores, but my last one (bike-components.de), on a dropper-post funnily enough, was fine. I had a new post with 2 weeks of sending the faulty one back.

strike
    Free Member

SRAM offer an international warranty as far as I know, but only when the item is purchased through an authorised SRAM dealer (ie NOT ebay!). SRAM also have their own warranty and tech centre in the UK, now, so no potential issues about Fishers (SRAM UK agent) grumbling they’ve not imported the item, as they won’t be handling it.

Your only issue will be getting a shop in the UK, to send it back to SRAM UK, as all returns have to go via a shop.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Interesting, thanks. It is actually bike-components.de that I’m looking at as tehy are a very good price there!

Ewan
    Free Member

I’ve heard of people sending Rockshox stuff back to SRAM UK directly. The recorded delivery with item and proof of purchase kind of presents a fait accompli…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Warranty on equipment bought from Germany’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts