Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • WARNING: Double check before you buy off the classifieds
  • jota180
    Free Member

Not saying there is anything off here but it doesn’t look good from an initial glance

Check the user profiles
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-brand-new-raceface-atlas-cranks-reduced

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/brand-new-mavic-crossmax-wheel-set-reduced

rickmeister

Interesting IOM connection,

Sam?

Joe?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Seems to me there’s a simple rule for the classifieds here;

Do not buy from anyone who doesn’t contribute to the rest of the forum. Classifieds only = hard to trust, IMHO. With the vast amount of stolen kit out there…..

unklehomered
    Free Member

1st guy appears through reading posts to be operating two logins, could just be coincidence/communication thing i suppose.

Check difference between threads started and posted on activity.

jota180
    Free Member

It does look like double logins doesn’t it?

40′ barge pole anyone?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Is that an ISg 40′ barge pole? I ended up going ISG 05 with my barge poles 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

trader

simondbarnes

People can get away with this and yet TJ is still banned? It’s a disgrace.

jota180
    Free Member

If you look at the 2 separate flickr pages, they’re both Joe Harrison

so definitely double login, probably a trader – as said

jota180
    Free Member

People can get away with this and yet TJ is still banned? It’s a disgrace.

Is he still banned?

disben

was just gonna post but jota180 beat me – same flickr pages being used – on both of these adverts and on others

unklehomered
    Free Member

It was the sam* guy I was talking about sam thingy and supersam.

Junkyard
    Free Member

TJ has been permanently banned

the others just got 10 years

jota180
    Free Member

Whilst were in Sherlock mode who is mikeconnor? – more to the point, who was he?

I thought Fred but I’m not sure now

jota180
    Free Member

TJ has been permanently banned

TBH – it’s probably for the best [for him]

juan
    Free Member

It’s the second time I concur with CFh, too mcuh for my liking. Since the “new” forum the classified lost it’s touch. But I only use to buy to people who post on the bike forum.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Juan, mon vieux, you know I’m right sometimes…!

I propose allowing TJ back in to the all encompassing rugby thread at least! Not sure who else got banned, but, risking talking about bannings, I can’t imagine anyone went as far as the East London One did to earn any banning of that magnitude. He earned his. Let them back in.

SaxonRider

Am I allowed to ask why TJ got banned? Serious question.

As for the sellers above, I take the approach that almost everything available here and on ebay, if it is ‘BRAND NEW’ or ‘NEVER BEEN USED’ is likely going to be stolen.

But I could be wrong.

jota180
    Free Member

Constant arguing I would have thought

unklehomered
    Free Member

if it is ‘BRAND NEW’ or ‘NEVER BEEN USED’ is likely going to be stolen.

But I could be wrong.

I just sold something under that description, and it wasn’t, promise! 😮

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I sell quite a bit of stuff brand new – it’s not stolen!

nealglover
    Free Member

Not on here, but I sell loads of stuff on eBay thats brand new and never been used.

None of it is stolen.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Lets face it, a fair amount of ‘for sale stuff’ on here is hardly used… this is STW after all.

I miss Justa and his bargains 🙁

jota180
    Free Member

The ADs have now been pulled, I guess the mods didn’t like the look of them either

Northwind

SaxonRider – Member

He was idiot bait, and it proved easier to ban the bait than the idiots.

IMO.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get a grip, TJ got banned for starting fights in an empty house. You can’t expect the mods to vet all sellers. Much as I think this place is poorer for the lack of the Edinburgh one, I see why the mods had to do it, but we have to exercise some caution dealing on here, as you would anywhere on the net.

juan
    Free Member

Tj got banned because his view dared to challenged mark’s.

Northwind

**** just got real!

toys19
    Free Member

Tj got banned because his view dared to challenged mark’s.

exactly.This ain’t a democracy folks, or fair, or an actual forum, it’s a place where only people who say the right things are welcome.

Gary_C

exactly.This ain’t a democracy folks, or fair, or an actual forum, it’s a place where only people who say the right things are welcome.

Indeed, & if you don’t like it, then don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

monksie
    Free Member

I’m currently advertising a brand new Hope hub in the classifieds, it’s not stolen.
    Any rip off div could post umpteen amounts of bollocks on this message board and take your money for the fun of it. How does posting bollovks make you trustworthy?
    I

toys19
    Free Member

Indeed, & if you don’t like it, then don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

I think I’ll just carry on saying what I belive if that’s all right with you.

tomhoward

Kettle’s boiled, anyone for tea or coffee? I think I’ve some hob nobs somewhere?

geoffj

Any rip off div could post umpteen amounts of bollocks on this message board and take your money for the fun of it. How does posting bollovks make you trustworthy?

+1

spudly1979
    Free Member

To be fair though, I’ve just bought a load of kit off here and bike radar and been totally blown away by the attitude of the sellers. Honestly couldn’t have been more helpful!

nealglover
    Free Member

Tj got banned because his view dared to challenged mark’s was the opposite of what anyone else said, regardless of the details, purely because he loved arguing on the Internet

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Who the **** is TJ?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Tizzzzle he was one of those big hitter types, a dying breed thankfully. This place is much better without a few of them.

M6TTF
    Free Member

TJ got banned? How did I miss this?!? Off to pour a glass of wine

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘WARNING: Double check before you buy off the classifieds’ is closed to new replies.