Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Warning: Addictive game content*
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Lack of grown-ups in the office means that today at work, I will mostly be playing Geoguessr.

(*Apologies if it’s old news)

DrP

7392!

My first guess was pretty close too…
    http://bit.ly/YJLMpp

DrP

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Got 12441 on my first go (not braggin, or owt). I have yet to better that.

scaredypants

DrP – Member
    7392!

7239 here
    DPr

Stoner
    Free Member

9490 first go.

Would have been a lot more if I hadnt second guessed myself and changed my first choice of Japan for New zealand 🙁

EDIT 9830 second go.

Yep, addictive.

10479 third

I always get one the wrong side of the world. Finland and Minnesota are very similar IMO 🙂

smett72

First go 8468

Got lucky with one at 169km!

scaredypants

10777 and I’m out – I’m sure you could do very well by moving around a bit and googling what you find (Asian text etc)

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Googling would be cheating, though, wouldn’t it… 😕

ski
    Free Member

http://goo.gl/cZoqC

Messed up big time with Aus 😉

leffeboy

brilliant fun and I’m crap at it

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it cheating to look for clues in the images?

First try I guessed Florida and it was Australia. The second two I pinpointed using signs in the picture and Google.

Stoner
    Free Member

not at all, you should be encouraged to use all the deductive powers at your disposal

But it turns out that Serbians have exactly the same concrete telegraph poles as the French 🙁

scaredypants

Thurman Merman – Member
    Googling would be cheating, though, wouldn’t it…

well yeah, although it is a “google game” 😐
    there was a road sign with asian text on one image I opened up that otherwise could’ve been bloody anywhere temperate unless you can identify plant species, so that saved me quite a lot of points I reckon

and I bet you could “drive” to a roadsign on many of them (might just have a proper go at cheating)

molgrips
    Free Member

I just got plonked in the middle of the most bleak featureless desert you could imagine.. Lol 🙂

Oh I’d say moving around is definitely cheating though.

Wow.. I just got another that looked like Western Australia, but with no clues – I guessed and was out by 131km!

molgrips
    Free Member

Fair play you don’t always get any clues.. the last one was a dirt road in the middle of absolutely nowhere, but clearly at a very northerly or southerly latitude.

I think you’d do well to learn which countries have google streetview and which don’t.

Stoner
    Free Member

when I say look around I mean 360 degrees and zoom in, not move about.

ffej
    Free Member

12849.. damn it.. goodbye productivity.

Jeff

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Oh I’d say moving around is definitely cheating though.

No, I reckon you can freely move around within the landscape and use your deductive powers. A friend of mine got lucky and was plonked right in front of shop that clearly said “Orkney Woollen Shop” on its frontage.

But typing in a place and/or business name into Google would be cheating.

tarquin
    Free Member

12182 first attempt.

Two in North America, Mexico, Ireland and Tazzy!

PiknMix
    Free Member

What have you done to my revision!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, I’ve been googling for the last two. Just got plonked in front of a roadsign:

You missed with 0.04 km which gave 3172 points.

Yeeeass!

However.. I googled and got some great hits, and still only got 10k – wtf are you people doing?

scaredypants
    meehaja
    Free Member

how come when I get it completely wrong, like guessing USA and its New zealand I get 900 points, but when I guess Maine, and its New York I only get 2000?

molgrips
    Free Member

Just got 6k without googling.. even then I got the same place twice. I’ve no idea how you lot manage to get 12k points.

meehaja I think it might have something to do with latitude rather than just distance.

Can anyone beat 0.04km?

Cougar

8319 on a first go.

http://goo.gl/R797e

Didn’t use any tools / cheats beyond panning around. I figure that’s in the spirit of the game; if you were dropped in the middle of nowhere and asked where you were, the first thing you’d do is look around you a bit.

atlaz
    Free Member

11545 points. One I got 0.5km away too

bentandbroken

5 different continents and I was always in/on the right one 🙂

Is it targetted? Everyone I had had sea/water and mountains and made me want to go there on holiday 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah.. it’s time related too isn’t it? That’s why I only got 3k points despite being right on the money, cos it too ages to google.

soundninjauk

9909. I got better once I worked out you could zoom in on the guessing map 😳

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Ha! Thought I was in the middle of nowhere – scrolled around and saw the Golden Gate Bridge. Pinpointed my position to within 0.003km!!

Genius game. THIS is what the internet was invented for.

meehaja
    Free Member

you can scroll? I just went on the first screen! (back for more..)

molgrips
    Free Member

I just got 300km with deductive reasoning. Steep rocky volcanic hills rising out of the sea, verdant greenery, lots of fat white tourists standing around taking pictures.. It could only be Hawaii 🙂

v8ninety

First time, 3 in Australia, One in Canada, one in Mexico. I’ve never been, but by car types and landscapes I hit the right continent each time.

atlaz
    Free Member

I just had a long straight road. Looked like the US or Canadian midwest. Had to “travel” several miles before there was anything other than fields and dirt.

Kryton57

10874!

spawnofyorkshire

first go approx 6000 (mexican holiday resort littered with budhas and asian writing!)

Just done some serious googling to get 15,128

mtbmatt
    Free Member

12350 on my first go! Good game.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Woohoo! 13048! A little scrolling around, but no googling.

Had I not mistaken Poland for Romania I’d have done better 😀

julianwilson
    Free Member

11017 with no googling! Three of mine were in the balkans, and I just kept getting the wrong balkan.

djglover
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Warning: Addictive game content*’ is closed to new replies.