Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • **WARNIING** Compromised Credit Card
  • Frankers
    Free Member

Just a quick heads up

Just came off the phone from my bank after spotting a fraudulent transaction on my credit card.

They do know how my card has been compromised and who the problem on-line retailer may be, but aren’t allowed to tell me due to legal issues.

After some gentle persuasion I was told who to avoid after reading out my last transactions…..

All I’m saying is keep an eye on your statements after buying from one of the UK biggest biggest on-line sporting stores…. though it isn’t the one over the water, they have apparently a great record after the problems from a year or so ago.

pacemaker
    Free Member

is that a DIRECT warning ? 😆

unklehomered
    Free Member

is there any wiggle room for interpretation?

MrOvershoot

Did they try to wiggle out of it 😉

Damn beaten too it

sugdenr
    Free Member

Why so coy? Millet over for a minute, then be a SPORT and tell us!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Since the OP hasn’t said who it is, it’s probably not a great idea to make accusations.

However, since the problems a few years ago, I’ve only ever used PayPal with online bike stores.

Cougar

Since the OP hasn’t said who it is, it’s probably not a great idea to make accusations.

Due to pesky little things like libel laws, it’s probably not a great idea to make accusations.

cp

I’ve only ever used PayPal with online bike stores

What makes PayPal any better?

I’m 50:50 with card fraud and PayPal hacking & account emptying (one each)

tell you what too – the card fraud was a shed load easier (no hassle) to sort out than the paypal one (lots of long long calls and emails)…..

jonba
    Free Member

Credit card is fine for reassurance. Probably better than PayPal. Never had many issues getting fraudulent transactions refunded.Last time in 24hrs with a new card in 48.

chakaping
    Free Member

Due to pesky little things like libel laws, it’s probably not a great idea to make accusations.

You can’t libel a company.

aracer
    Free Member

Surely he’s allowed to say who he thinks it isn’t? I’m sure working it out won’t be like doing a decathlon.

Cferg
    Free Member

Calm down the accusations here, its attitudes and accusations like this that cause a chain reaction.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

You can’t libel a company.

Yes you can.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t see how the OP has much wiggle room, personally.

bigjim

is it wiggle? I just bought something from wiggle 😥

peasant
    Free Member

I ordered some rugby shorts , put card details in , bank phoned few days later to say card had been compromised 👿

superdale
    Free Member

Well I was a target on Sunday luckily my credit card company noticed something strange when there was a small paypal withdrawl to test then a large PC purchase. I haven’t purchased anything from said sports company in a long while so doubt it is associated with them.

molgrips
    Free Member

You bought more than you bargained for….

(not really, I was just joining in the online retailer puns)

Frankers
    Free Member

PayPal can be a right hassle to get your money back, at least with you bank you can get a refund immediately

plop_pants
    Free Member

You’ve gone this far now, just tell us, don’t try and ribble out of it.

timc
    Free Member

I had the same today! £1140 transaction, no idea where it might have come from.

OP give us a clue will ya

MrOvershoot

timc – Member
    OP give us a clue will ya

Read what the OP said.

“All I’m saying is keep an eye on your statements after buying from one of the UK biggest biggest on-line sporting stores…. though it isn’t the one over the water, they have apparently a great record after the problems from a year or so ago.”

timc
    Free Member

I need it spelling out 😯

MrOvershoot

One of the biggest “on line” not in NI

Had problems a few years back.

timc
    Free Member

nothing will happen if you say wiggle or any other you know

MrOvershoot

Read my first post on this thread and the one above 😉

Mantastic
    Free Member

Am still non the wiser

sugdenr
    Free Member

timc – Member
    nothing will happen if you say wiggle or any other you know
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Not even if you say it 3 times in a row?

popstar
    Free Member

Man, just ordered charge spoon, charge grips and a free bag for £10 from wiggle. Was it too good to be true? Paid via PayPal.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-gum-spoon-saddle-griddle-grips-with-free-bag

aracer
    Free Member

I need it spelling out

Well I’d google, get links, extrapolate.

timc
    Free Member

yer yer, got it now, i havent used wiggle so mine must be from else where

steve_b77
    Free Member

Best of luck to anyone who tries to empty my account, the wife will beat them to it for sure

Frankers
    Free Member

The main two companies I buy from are CRC & Wiggle

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps also check your own security is up to date too.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bought stuff of wiggle last week. Odd that I had to re-enter my cc details despite being regular customer. Was that related or pure coincidence? Nothing odd on my cc statement though. Hope it stays that way and hope it isn’t/wasn’t wiggle.

rudyard197
    Free Member

On one wouldn’t let me pay by pay pal other day, had to put in card details! That seemed odd as paid PP plenty of times before.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘**WARNIING** Compromised Credit Card’ is closed to new replies.