Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Warhammer 40k anime youtube
  • athgray
    Free Member

I know nothing about the Warhammer universe, but came across this animation called Astartes on youtube. It’s in 4 very short parts totalling about 6 mins. Watch them all if you haven’t seen them they have been produced by a single fan as a labor of love. The quality of the graphics, detail and animation is breath taking. It is very violent.

https://youtu.be/2bko5GgK5v8

vondally
    Free Member

Thanks very good

garage-dweller

Very good indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    greenskin
    Free Member

A decent live action movie would be ace.

bigblackshed

Northwind

Thanks for sharing- I’m a sucker for a bit of warhammer cheese but that’s right back to the space marines in my head when I was a kid- ie, nightmarish faceless post-human murder machines. In any other science fiction, they’d be the bad guys.

(there’s a weird thing where in the fiction and the backstory, they’re like they are in these vids… But on the table, they’re about as dangerous as any decently trained normal soldier. Partly because it’s always been like that I guess and partly so they can sell 10 figures instead of 1…)

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

amazing, just think how many tiny changes they needed to produce in those hand painted figures to get that stop motion done!
    Zero interest in the actual game, but would totally watch a mini series based on those vids!

Del

Very good!

splorer

This is a fan made movie, based on a Warhammer book, with various animation styles, worth the 2 and a half hours.

hatter

Astartes is mind blowing even if you’re not a 40k nerd, its just tense, tight and brilliantly done.

If you are a 40k nerd it is so good to finally see the Astartes represented as the cold, brutally efficient killing machines they are supposed to be.

GW should give the guy a sack of cash and as much time and he wants and tell him to just keep making them.

finbar
    Free Member

GW should give the guy a sack of cash and as much time and he wants and tell him to just keep making them.

They’ve got a fair amount of it knocking about – I read earlier this week they’re now a £2bn company :0

ChrisL

The Astartes YouTube channel was hacked back in November and held to ransom, then deleted. It took about a month for it to be restored to its rightful owner.

athgray
    Free Member

Astartes is mind blowing even if you’re not a 40k nerd, its just tense, tight and brilliantly done.

^This

I came across it watching a video of 3 VFX experts doing a video of good and bad VFX.

I knew who Space Marines were but no more than that. How does GW portray them?

There are certain small details that are amazing. In the third one when one of the marines fires a plasma rife through the smoke, and the smoke creates a hole before closing up slightly in a vacuum. Also the fact that the animator has rendered the build up of welds by the hydraulic rams on the vault door.

hatter

Link to the VFX experts vid please, would be interesting to hear thier thoughts as I am no animation expert.

racefaceec90

that was badass. i would love to see the full film (am no warhammer expert at all i have to admit,loved space hulk and warhammer quest though).

as said above games workshop need to give that guy a job.

athgray
    Free Member

https://youtu.be/Jjg0jqey6u0

Its 12 minutes in to this video.

2bit
    Free Member

& an official warhammer trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFiek1v2Ll4

Different style but suitably good looking, grim dark & action packed

z1ppy

That is very very good, I like it a lot, thanks athgray

How does GW portray them?

the Astartes represented as the cold, brutally efficient killing machines they are supposed to be.

Yep normally you see them getting annihilated, like anyone else (normal humans), when they’re supposed to be..

nightmarish faceless post-human murder machines. In any other science fiction, they’d be the bad guys

TBH as much as I like the ‘idea’ of the space marines/40K, but I find the whole scenario of the books (one constant battle to stay alive with no ‘promised land’ at the end) depressing

racefaceec90

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Warhammer 40k anime youtube’ is closed to new replies.