• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Vader.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wanted Ad pictures
  • roger_mellie

Scrolling through the wanted ads, I see a picture of my cat. On someone else’s classified. Now I’ve probably posted said picture in a forum post at some point, and someone may have taken a shine to the picture and saved it for a rainy day, but that seems a bit far fetched. So how are wanted ad pictures generated? Am I just seeing some randomly generated photo based on some cookie browser nonsense? WTF is going on?

bearnecessities

WTD ad pictures, as they are mandatory, appear to have developed a trend of being totally random pictures unrelated to the WTD request, to make them stand out from the usual ‘for sale’ lot.

I quite like it 🙂

akira

Have you checked on your cat recently, might be a good idea.

roger_mellie

😄

binners

You say ‘your’ cat? You know that there are 3 million cats in the UK, yet 15 million people think they own a cat?

roger_mellie

OK, the cat that mostly lives in my house 😄

andrewh
    Free Member

Binners, no one who has a cat live with them uses the word ‘own’
    You own a dog. You feed a cat.

csb

Dibs on the cat.

DezB
    Free Member

Why does somebody want your cat?

roger_mellie

Maybe they have a mouse problem? But he’s not very good at catching them these days, what with being 19 and generally sleeping lots.

Northwind

bearnecessities

WTD ad pictures, as they are mandatory, appear to have developed a trend of being totally random pictures unrelated to the WTD request, to make them stand out from the usual ‘for sale’ lot.

I quite like it 🙂

Me too, it’s literally the only good thing about the “new classifieds”.

binners

Binners, no one who has a cat live with them uses the word ‘own’
    You own a dog. You feed a cat.

Tell me about it. We have two that we feed. One of them always comes in smelling like he’s been sat in front of a coal fire. We don’t have a coal fire

We did have 3, but we went on holiday and when we got back, he’d moved in 5 doors down. Never been back. He occasionally glares at me through the front window when I walk past

Vader
    Free Member

wouldyou swap 4 fishing tackle?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.