Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Want to make some pizza dough in bread maker, tell me how?
  • ads678

I know there’s a massive thread about Pizza dough but can’t find it at the moment and all I really want is very basic recipe so I can go downstairs whack some stuff in the bread maker, turn it on and go back up stairs to work. I would use the one in the book that came with the bread maker, but I can’t find the either….

Remember, no fancy flours or anything, I rekon we have bread flour as well as normal flours. Hopefully we have some yeast, but if not I’ll nip over the co-op.

Go eay on me, but what you got?

maccruiskeen

. I would use the one in the book that came with the bread maker, but I can’t find the either….

Google the make and model – the manuals are usually online. You can use any dough recipe you like in terms of proportions but actual quantities want to be tailored to the capacity of your machine so you’d need to scale the recipe to suit. You’d also need to know what the machine’s program asks you for it uses in terms of rests at the start and / or end. Some machines pause at the beginning to allow any water you add to reach a suitable temp, some rely on making user guess what ‘tepid’ means as it’ll start mixing straight away. Some will also prove the dough as part of its timed programme, some you take it out as soon as its mixed and prove it further yourself.

Remember, no fancy flours or anything, I rekon we have bread flour as well as normal flours

Then recipe suggestions are going to be pretty much limited to ‘dough’ and you’re already making dough when you make bread with your bread flour 🙂

You could just use the recipe your currently using for bread, but just use the dough setting  – that’ll get you a quantity of dough the machine can cope with mixing. Its only worth deviating from that recipe if you don’t like the results

dc1988

A standard white bread recipe will make a decent pizza dough, I’d just reduce the amount of yeast to half or less than what a standard loaf would use.

Bread flour works just fine.

Off the top of my head I think I use:

500g bread flour

305ml water

15ml olive oil

10g salt

~3g yeast

I knead it then split into four balls and leave to prove in the fridge overnight.

BadlyWiredDog

450g strong flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 250ml water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried yeast – use the dough setting. Once it’s finished, knead the dough on a lightly floured surface, then roll out into a circle – or two – using hands or a rolling pin, stick on a baking tray, cover with either oiled clear film or a damp, warm tea towel for 15 minutes, pre heat oven to 200˚C, stick toppings on, cook.

That’s the gist of the Pizza Dough recipe from ‘Fresh Bread in the Morning’. Works fine ime. HTH

ads678

Cheers I’ll give it a go. found a couple online similar those above. See how it goes…

mashr

450g strong flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 250ml water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried yeast – use the dough setting.

This sounds very familiar, with the exception that ours has a pizza dough function iirc.

However, don’t be afraid to go wild and add some rosemary or the like

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’ve used the basic Ooni recipe in the bread maker many times, just use the pizza dough setting on the machine if it has one? Ours does, it’s just a shorter 45 minute dough cycle. It’s a very solid reliable recipe for times you are short of time. Just bung everything in the machine rather than following the hand mixing and kneading steps.

00 Pizza flour works best, strong bread flour works absolutely fine. At a push I’d be willing to bet plain flour would make acceptable pizza too, I often use it instead of bread flour in the basic bread machine recipes.

https://uk.ooni.com/blogs/recipes/quick-pizza-dough

spooky_b329

This is for a Panasonic SD-ZB2502

leffeboy

Half strong white, half plain flour works well. Pure strong white can sometimes be a bit difficult to flatten out into a nice pizza shape as it wants to form a ball too much.  Half/half fixes that nicely

slowol

I use that Panasonic recipe above^ in my old Panasonic bread machine. Makes about right for 2 people. You can do double the quantity but not triple in the machine. Make pizza using it at least once a month.
    It makes decent relatively easy pizza with supermarket bread flour and packet yeast. Probably not as good as some of people’s other recipes but it’s lowish hassle and the machine does a lot of the work. Roll it out (yeah non authentic there too but this is dad pizza) and stick on trays, add topping and cook in a v. hot oven.
    Kids like the results which is a win in our house.

jamiemcf

600g of flour (normally strong white, sometimes plain and sometimes 500/100 strong white to strong wholemeal)
    A sprinkle of salt
    A teaspoon of soft brown sugar
    A shoogle of yeast
    Enough warm water (a cup and a third) to make it just right.
    Some dried oregano

Mix, knead leave to prove, eat one pizza leave the rest to prove until tomorrow or the next day.

ads678

Cheers all, I only had wholemeal bread flour so used that! Wasn’t too bad but ended too doughy. I’ll practice a bit more with the recipes above before venturing into fancier stuff.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Saturday night has been pizza night at Kite Towers for as long as I can remember (exciting life that we lead.. )
    Dough via Panasonic bread maker, same recipe, using similar flour, but the texture of the dough can vary so much. Usually it stretches out nicely, but sometimes it’s leathery & tears before it stretches. Any idea why??

Dickyboy

Mrs dB makes the most fabulous pizzas with dough mixed in a panasonic bread maker, I’ll ask her for tips in the morning if I remember…

prettygreenparrot

Half strong white, half plain flour works well. Pure strong white can sometimes be a bit difficult to flatten out into a nice pizza shape as it wants to form a ball too much. Half/half fixes that nicely

Ah! Nice tip.

I typically use the pizza dough recipe for my early 2000s Panasonic bread maker. Works well, though I’ll be trying @leffeboy ‘s variation next time.

Recently I’ve been making ‘Detroit Pizza‘. The dough seems sloppy compared with ‘regular’ pizza dough. The results are usually great – fluffy focaccia-like base and dense, delicious topping. No pepperoni on mine though.

A Detroit-style pizza made in an ANOVA Precision Oven

150 grams (1 cup plus 2 Tbsp)
    bread flour
    118 grams (1/2 cup)
    water
    1 tsp
    kosher salt, plus more to taste
    ½ tsp
    instant yeast

theotherjonv

Few recipes above, sounds like experimentation is in order. But broadly, whatever your weight of flour you need about 60% of liquid with it; eg: 500g flour = 300g liquid. That includes about 10-15ml oil (obvs scale with batch size) and I tend to go a bit lower on the water and then add in more if it’s too dry. But not too soon, what looks too dry to start with often isn’t.

Yeast needs to be about 1% of the total, I use dried packet which I think are 7g sachets in that 800g mix so just under.

Important is that the water is at about body temp, 35-40C so the yeast livens up, I do have a thermometer but mixing boiled water and tap 1/3:2/3 gets you about there. Add yeast to water and disperse and then mix together with the flour.

Dickyboy

Wife says she follows the Panasonic recipe, quantities are enough to make two pizzas, can easily add 50% to make 3 but doubling up to make 4 makes the bread maker work a bit too hard. Use baking paper under the pizzas when cooking.
    Her fab pizza sauce recipe recommendation is:-
    Fry 1-2 cloves crushed garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil, add tin of chopped toms (San Mazano toms from Waitrose are worth the £2.35 a tin apparently) + 1 or 2 bay leaves, salt & pepper, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp demarara sugar, drop of balsamic vinegar, simmer with lid on lowest possible heat for 20mins.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.