Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Want to go where the money is?
  • epicyclo

Income map of Australia.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-21/income-scale-australia/9301378

Looks like the old saying “Go West young man” is still true.

Garry_Lager

Have you got a spider map of Australia?

Need to see an overlay with income to see how desirable these locations are.

Nico
    Free Member

“Young man” indeed. Presumably that part of Australia is a mining area where a small number of people (men) get paid lots of money for working long hours in totally shit conditions, then piss off to somewhere civilised when they reach 40 and are too old to keep up the pace. By comparison the wealthy of e.g. Sydney will be diluted with large numbers of much less wealthy people. Then of course there is the rest of the world.

slowoldman

It looks very brown on Google Maps and is indeed a mining area. Not sure about the spiders.

batfink
    Free Member

I’ve just done the quiz….. feeling smug in the Inner West of Sydney

Edit: saw my first redback the other day, in case that’s relevant

Garry_Lager

I’ve just done the quiz….. feeling smug in the Inner West of Sydney

Edit: saw my first redback the other day, in case that’s relevant

Arachnophobia is totally irrational so personally I wouldn’t be arsed by a redback beyond giving it a wide berth. A completely harmless huntsman, though, could trigger a cardiac event.

onehundredthidiot

Arachnophobia is totally irrational so personally

Given that a phobia IS and irrational fear of….

batfink
    Free Member

The redback got sprayed – it was sitting somewhere my daughter would have seen it and might have wanted to give it a poke. She does know not to touch spiders/bugs – but I’m not risking a redback bite.

We get huntsmen pretty frequently – they’re fast buggers!

epicyclo

Nico

…Presumably that part of Australia is a mining area where a small number of people (men) get paid lots of money for working long hours in totally shit conditions, then piss off to somewhere civilised when they reach 40 and are too old to keep up the pace…

Of course it’s a mining area.

I spent 4 years in an outback mining town, and it’s a good way to build up a bank thats sets you up for life. I went out with basically nothing.

After 3 years I had enough to buy a beachfront house in Queensland with a 50% deposit.

It’s great if your interests are in the outdoors.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Want to go where the money is?’ is closed to new replies.