Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Want to get rid of MS Outlook
  • oldgit
    Free Member

It's an old service on my computer that I get lots of junk on.
    I want to remove it to stop that, and so people will know it's not our main email address. I assume their mails will ping back if it's removed?
    I can't see how to delete it in add/remove
    Ta.

scaredypants

outlook is just software, it's not the email account (is it ?)

unless you change your email address as well, they'll never know that you've changed anything

(I know sweet FA about this, but nobody else has said owt in an hour so thought I'd have a go 🙂 )

seven
    Free Member

To stop the mail just close the account with the ISP. Or even easier just never open outlook.

If you mean that you want to just remove the account from outlook then Tools>Accounts>select the one you want to remove and click remove. This will not close the account but wont download the mails to your PC

Mounty_73

MS outlook is the software that sends and receives emails.

You will have email account(s) that are configured within outlook. If you are getting spam, most email accounts get it.

You can simply loose the email address and sign up for another one if you want to…or just remove the account from Outlook.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Exactly what seven said. And no, people sending mail to the account you delete will not be aware that you are not reading it any more. It will continue to accept mail, but you won't see it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Want to get rid of MS Outlook’ is closed to new replies.