Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Want to get a super small super old Orange Five
  • astura
    Free Member

For my lads 10th Birthday I thought it would be pretty cool to get him an Orange Five (like mine), he is quite tall so should get away with the small frame starting from 5ft up. Do these tend to come up for sale very often – I tried looking on Facebook/EBay but the sub 5 seems to be very old but the small seems too large, how old can I go with this and how much am I likely to spend?

dc2.0

The following applies to the 26” wheel version..

There were two versions of the 14” frame – short and long top tube. There was also a women’s version that was identical (in geo at least) to the short TT 14”.

My son had the latter, which had been resprayed. Great bike and looked better than the 18” that replaced it (growth spurt!). Sold frame for £350 last year.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I don’t know if it helps and please pardon the fact that I’m stuck in the US, self-medicating on double IPA, but I bought a lovely little Mr XC back last September – super-light and perfect for the smaller rider. Only sold it because I’m a wannabe dh-er (still 🤣). You can see my resto thread on retro bike.co.uk here – http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=403396

skink2020

I have a size 14 five in the shed. I bought it new. Tried selling it over the years but always ended up with wankstars asking stupid questions/etc.
    Shock is good I think. Bearings are still sound. Has a hope headset fitted.
    Not been used for a few years now.
    I have zero desire to post it. I’m in central Scotland.
    It’s yours for nowt if you want it. Actually yours if you subscribe to single track for a year.
    I am still unable to post photographs on here but if you give me your mobile number I’ll send you some pics if you like.
    G

astura
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses,, that’s sounds good to me G, have sent you a PM

rugbydick

I’ve got a small 5 for sale in the Classifieds right now. Lovely bike that my daughter rode for a year before having a growth spurt…

STW Classifieds

I’m up in Aberdeenshire – and will post it if I can get a courier to come to my house.

sonnyjim
    Free Member

PM sent Rugbydick.

mashr

There were two versions of the 14” frame – short and long top tube. There was also a women’s version that was identical (in geo at least) to the short TT 14”.

That’s round the wrong way. My wife had the “Diva” and sold it to a mate who had the 14” short

astura
    Free Member

Thanks for the messages – sorted now 👍

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Want to get a super small super old Orange Five’ is closed to new replies.