Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Want MS Word?
  • cove123

new PC came with Vista/MS office?

wife use's MS word at school so note pad etc not any good for transfering stuff from home to school and back again?

can i get MS word free or cheap somewhere to load up or any easy ways of making them compatable?

cheers cove123

Drac

Yeah you can it comes with MS Office. 😯

allthepies
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

open office not 100% compatible with MS word

as i found out when i wrote my thesis in openoffice writer and then opened it in word to find i might as well have just written it on paper by hand. Formatting was all to **** and in the end i just had to type it out again !!!

we picked up a copy of office vista in PC world for 45 quid not so long ago , but i think i got a deal on it as my mate was buying a new pc at the same time !

dobby156
    Free Member

if your wife works in education you can get MS office for £40. I reccommend it over Open Office anyday.

Drac

if your wife works in education you can get MS office for £40. I reccommend it over Open Office anyday.

He already has a copy.

MrOvershoot

If you have MS Office then you have MS Word, or am I missing some vital bit of info here?

Or did you mean to type MS Works?

Karl33to
    Free Member

As an alternative to Open Office I've been using Google Doc's found it was better at dealing with Word documents than OO. Plus it saves a huge download, automatically backs up and is acessible from anywhere.

Flaperon

Second the academic deal. Cost me £40 for the full copy of Office 2007 Professional, and the license lets you install it on two computers. 🙂

dr_death
    Free Member

It may be that his new version of office (?2007) is not compatible with the version at his wife's work (massively out of date if the NHS is anything to go by?!).

If so then you can save Word 2007 documents in a compatible format by clicking on the little office logo, top right hand corner of Word 2007, scrolling down to 'Save as' and then selecting 'Word 97-2003 document' from the pop up menu…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Want MS Word?’ is closed to new replies.