Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Walna Scar Road Recently ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Anyone been up there recently. I haven’t been up there since they sanitised a large part of it two years ago.

Has it washed out and worth riding again or can you still land an aeroplane on it ?

excitable1
    Free Member

Bump ?

lucien

I looked on YT a couple of days ago, sorted the vids by upload date, and it looked broken up again? I appreciate this is only the upload date rather than the filming dates, however it all looked promising. I’m sure a local will be along any mo!

Junkyard
    Free Member

i rode it perhaps a year afterwards and they had not sanitised it all and it was still worth riding [ just]

I would assume it has been washed out by all the rain by now tbh

MartynS

Was in duddin valley the other week, basically at the bottom of the walna scar..
    We walked up it one day, so I can’t comment on the coniston side, but the bottom section was rocky fun, but the section after a gate was smooth with a gravel topping..
    As a descent I reckon it’d be a bit dull… Bloody fast, possibly dangerously so because of the gravel topping.

ewen
    Free Member

Duddon side is the same as always. Coniston side is gradually eroding back towards something rough! Still worth riding though, the middle section to the bridge is still v. smooth. havent been in the past month, and we’ve had a few mega storms, so might have changed a bit more.
    ewen

richpips
    Free Member

I rode up from Coniston on my cross bike on Sunday. Only a couple of unrideable bits on the way up.

Down to Seathwaite all rideable to the gate, then as you near the road less so.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I did it last weekend,the upper and lower parts are still nice and Tech,getting a clean run down is the important bit so choosing when you actually do the descent without any walkers is the key,easily the fastest off road descent in the lakes..

Gopro from last year..

lucien

@gavgas – is that heading towards Conniston or the other way?

sleepless
    Free Member

towards Coniston Lucien. nice footage Gavgas. im going to try it on a new cx bike next week. wanna go from Eskdale up Harter fell into Duddon valley, over walna to coniston then into little langdale, over styhead into wasdale, then burnmoor tarn backinto Eskdale home. have you done harter Gavgas?

allthepies
    Free Member

Taking no prisoners with the walkers on that vid 😯

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Lunicen, Yes this is the descent to Coniston, allthepies, Your right i was a bit close at times, but they all heard me coming, so they have every chace to stay over to the left if the want to, some don’t hear you so you have to be a bit more careful, especially in a head wind…

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Yep sleeples, i have done most of the trails in the lakes,The bridleway off Harter fell is ok but it can be a bog fest depending on rainfall,The rest is all rock and would be “interesting” on a cx bike.. 😉

excitable1
    Free Member

Thanks for the vid GaVgas….. No where near as techy as it used to be, think I’ll wait till next year !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Walna Scar Road Recently ?’ is closed to new replies.