Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Wallet for commuting?
  • stormtrooper
    Free Member

I’m looking for my perfect wallet for commuting but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. My ideal wallet would have a zip-up pouch for my phone (iPhone 5) with a clear window so I could view/use the phone without removing it, have the ability to hold a few credit cards and notes, be sweat-proof, have access for headphones and be slim enough to fit in a jersey/shorts pocket.

Does such a thing exist? Any recommendations appreciated.

scaled
    Free Member

I didn’t know i needed one of them, i clearly do!

fasthaggis

🙂 HTH

headfirst
    Free Member

Edit: too slow again…

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I’ve been using the pack animal from Donkey Label and it definitely meets your requirements.

Maybe drop Dene at iL Soigneur an email to see if you can order one from him. He’s one very helpful guy so should be able to get you one as he brings DL stuff into the UK.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Eh I just use the pocket of my jeans for all this stuff and do about 10 miles each way, means I can hop straight off of the bike and into the pub on the way home.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

eh maybe not everyone commutes 10 miles in a pair of jeans, just a thought. Wouldn’t fancy wearing jeans on a wet ride.

binners

10 miles in jeans? Does your crotch within said jeans, recreate perfectly both the smell and humidity of the Florida Everglades?

bigblackshed

BIGxTOP

For the hipsters who commute in there sisters jeans. 😉 😉

** They are very well made and ideal for wallet, phone etc.

frogstomp

Lezyne Smart Wallet? Although not sure an iPhone would fit (my HTC Desire won’t)…

tonyd

Here’s mine, sounds like it fits all of your criteria 🙂

takisawa2

Would you not be better commuting on a bike…

jamiea
    Free Member

A proper commuting wallet 😉

Cheers,
    Jamie

scholarsgate
    Free Member

how about recycling an inner tube

http://www.beerbabe.co.uk
    Phone cases
    Wallets
    Also

possibly made to measure

pebblebeach
    Free Member

sounds like it fits all of your criteria

Apart from the fact that it doesn’t have a clear window for viewing or using the phone. I used to use a plastic bag, the pack animal is about 1 trillion times better.

stormtrooper
    Free Member

That Pack Animal looks ideal (apart from access to the headphone socket but I guess you can’t have that and it be completely waterproof).

Cheers pebblebeach – I’ll be ordering one of those 🙂

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Depending on what size you buy the ‘zip’ will close either side of the wire anyway but obviously not waterproof if not fully closed.

Dene is a great guy to deal with, fantastic customer service, as is Paul at DL.

acjim
    Free Member

I use a Timbuk2 Pinch Phone Wallet, but it does get called the Gay / Elderly Ramblers wallet. I’m not bothered!

miketually
    Free Member

I’m looking for my perfect wallet for commuting but can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. My ideal wallet would have a zip-up pouch for my phone (iPhone 5) with a clear window so I could view/use the phone without removing it, have the ability to hold a few credit cards and notes, be sweat-proof, have access for headphones and be slim enough to fit in a jersey/shorts pocket.

A wallet holds cards and paper money.

If it has a pouch for coins it’s not a wallet, it’s a purse.

What you’re looking for is a handbag.

mickolas
    Free Member

miketually – Member

A wallet holds cards and paper money.

If it has a pouch for coins it’s not a wallet, it’s a purse.

What you’re looking for is a handbag.

😆

nedrapier

I wear some Endura shorts (singletrack?)

The map pockets at the back are secure, yet easy access – deep, with velcro tab half way along. Phone goes in the left, wallet goes in the right. Wallet has car park pass, so it needs to be easy to get at.

Because they’re behind me, they’re fine up to, and including, Standard Rain*.

Wouldn’t want them in the same pocket – too much weight, and where’s the balance?

* nedrapier commuting rainscale:

1) Mist/wet air.

2) Drizzle

3) No messing about, not light or heavy, just rain. No-one’s going to argue if you say it’s raining. Standard Rain.

4) Effing hell, this is ridiculous, it won’t last, I’m hiding for a bit.

5) (rare; summer only) This is amazing! Can you believe this? I’ve only been out 30 seconds and I’m as wet as if I was in a bath! – feet on the fork tops away from the bow wave…

rOcKeTdOg

Beerbabe’s stuff is excellent, I have a wallet & a phone cover (29er tubes!) And she makes them to measure

miketually
    Free Member

I’m going to order one of BeerBabe’s wallets soon; I just want something minimal that’ll just hold one debit card and some notes and will fold once with no velcro or other fastenings.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Aquapac MP3 case would seem to fulfil all of the above.

cookeaa

I use this sort of thing:

You can wedge a tenner and a couple of cards in behind your phone easily, you can use the touch screen, it also keeps Nedrapier scaled “Standard” rain out and mounts on the bars so I use the phone as a cycle computer/strava logger…

Mine was about £18 I think and was sold as being specifically for an S2 but TBH you could get most sensibly sized smart phones in it, obviously as you are after an “iphone5 specific” product I’d expect it to be £60 once some “apple tax” has been added by the vendor.

headfirst
    Free Member

Pack Animal page for UK buyers. I’ve name-checked this thread in my order!

http://shop.ilsoigneur.cc/products/the-donkey-pack

I’ve just bought a medium for £7.50

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Wallet for commuting?’ is closed to new replies.