Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wall-mounted Tool Storage
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’m after a pegboard type system for my garage wall, can anyone recommend anything? Must look cool, tidy and have plenty of options (hook types, storage bins etc)…

Any pics would be great. 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

No recommendations? I thought there would be some man-cave pimpers that could offer some advice… 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

This kind of thing?

Toolboard by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Got it from RS Components – works really well…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Something along those lines, but preferably a single sheet – I have a 6′ wide wall above my workbench…

Ive seen this Draper Kit but I can’t find any dimensions for the boards!

Rusty Mac – Member

Have you seen this thread?

Yes, I saw that, he’s used wooden pegboard. Is it easily available?

righog
    Free Member

My local Aldi’s still have these in stock they look great for £20

Aldi peg board

Must have been from a few weeks back as I can’t find them on the Aldi site.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Hmmm… The Clarke one looks quite good, might nip down to local Machinemart and have a look. Aldi one looks great value! Might see if they’ve got any left…

trail_rat
    Free Member

aldi one not worth the hassle for tools.

ive got one and its fine for the tubs for sorting small stuff out(which was why i bought it ) but i wouldnt stick any weight on……

wwaswas

You have to pick something that you can draw an outline of each tool on so you know what goes where.

It should be the law.

trail_rat
    Free Member

tbh the best ones ive seen have been a sheet of ply painted white with a screws and hooks in appropriate places with the outlines then drawn round.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You have to pick something that you can draw an outline of each tool on so you know what goes where.

Or I could go proper bling and cut vinyl shapes on the plotter and stick them to a nice Park-Tool-blue metal panel… Mmmmm :p

somafunk

I can concur wi Ben above, his tool board is thing of beauty and i’m not usually one to covet another mans tools either but he has got some very single use specific tools on it, when i visited him last year i made a bee-line straight for it – I may even have uttered a “wow…impressive toolboard” 😳 .

wwaswas

his tool board is thing of beauty

I keep looking at the where the missing spanners are then I start fretting that they’re lost.

somafunk

My local Aldi’s still have these in stock they look great for £20

Aldi peg board

Must have been from a few weeks back as I can’t find them on the Aldi site.

Cheers for that, i popped into my local aldi’s t’day and bought a couple of them – they look alright for the price and as long as you mount them to a board wi plenty of screws they’ll take any amount of weight or tools – good selection of storage boxes as well.

Now to get all OCD and sort out my big box of bit’s n’ bobs and label each tray, ohh the fun i will be having t’night 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wall-mounted Tool Storage’ is closed to new replies.