Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • wall mounted storage
  • pegasus
    Free Member

looking to create space in the shed and get the bikes onto some sort of wall mounted rack. Four adult bikes and three kids bikes, any suggestions?

incognito
    Free Member

I would hang them rather than wall mount. I have a wall mounted rack which keeps pulling out of the wall with just 2 bikes on it. Plus it’s a pain to move 1 bike to get the other down. You could roof mount with just a couple of lengths of rope for each bike which would be a lot cheaper plus you wouldn’t bang your head on a bit of rope if the bikes are down. You could even create a pulley arrangement setup for ease of lifting/getting down. I’ve talked myself into doing this as I type. 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

I used an old cheap halfords boot rack and bolted it it to the wall 🙂

theteaboy
    Free Member

Aldi special this week has 2-bike stands for £30.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got a beam across the wall just under the ceiling on the end wall of my garage, with a series of hooks. Every other one is hung off about 8″ of rope, so they are staggered. I currently have 7 bikes hanging by their front wheels that way (2 belong to Mrs Grips mind!).

Works nicely, but you do have to part them like those poster displays you get in HMV and so on to get one out. Plus there is some contact, so the odd bit of chipped paint.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘wall mounted storage’ is closed to new replies.