Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wall bike mounts
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Singledom and flat ownership is imminent again (well the flat ownership is, the other part is already a sure thing) and I’ve managed to find a 2 bedroom flat so I’m thinking of bike mounting.

The road bike is easy as it’ll be mostly mounted on the turbo as it is now in the garage but the two mtb’s I want mounted on the wall ideally to take up less space as I’ll have my tool chest in there so it’ll be my bike workshop room.

Has anybody got the pedal wall mounts? Is there enough clearance for wider 800mm bars? Do they work with any flat pedals? I have DMR vaults and some nukeproof flats.

I think that type will take up less room space than the wheel hooking type.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is it a rental (i.e. are you allowed to drill holes in the wall and cover it in tyre marks?).

I gave up with trying to find a neat solution whilst renting and just left it at the end of the bed.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Nope I’m buying it so the world is my oyster!!

shifter
    Free Member

I have two bikes on Point brackets in the garage. One with flats and one with clicky pedals. Just measured – 800mm would work. On mine there’s space for about an 860mm bar. If there is such a thing.

kelron
    Free Member

I have a 2 bike rack that leans on the wall – it has optional fixings too. 2 adjustable hooks hold each bike by the top tube. Might not be quite big enough to fit 2 MTBs, I have a road bike on top and MTB underneath with the wheel turned.

They’re sold as “gravity racks”, mine was £20 from Amazon. I do occasionally have to shift it to make sure it stays upright as I’m renting and can’t fix it in place, but it seems like about the most compact way to store bikes in a small flat as they don’t stick out as far as vertical storage options.

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve one of those ^^^ lean-to bike racks that I don’t really use.  If you happen to be in Cornwall you’re welcome to it.  IIRC it’s a Saris-branded model and was quite a lot more than £20! :/

GolfChick
    Free Member

Nah nowhere near Cornwall but thanks for the offer! I’m not sure a top tube holder will work very well with a full sus due to the shock linkage points.

Thanks Shifter, that looks like just the type I’m after and reviews look good on Amazon.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I bought pedal brackets and have hung all sorts of bikes on them, pedals and bar width won’t matter. its all about where you place the tyre rests.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Have you used any particular model of pedal bracket? I see Halfords do one and I could save my British Cycling Discount. I guess you’ve just made something up yourselves for the tyre rests.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I used the ones from https://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/home-storage/bike-store-pedalo

Note you will need to either screw a bit of wood to the wall for the tyres or do what I did and go to B&Q for a couple of Lshaped brackets like this https://www.diy.com/departments/silver-effect-steel-perforated-bracket/243263_BQ.prd

nwmlarge
    Free Member

This is a tidy and happy solution https://www.gearbest.com/bike-holder/pp_009957374272.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=4444489&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3KzdBRDWARIsAIJ8TMQRHsOf7nZUxSOULk4melgw2P7PO-qS6bpo1xWjQp68U5OPjLZScksaAuuGEALw_wcB

GolfChick
    Free Member

Awesome thanks for that, Yeah was planning on that exact tactic of getting some L Shaped Brackets and get some decent wall fixings at the same time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wall bike mounts’ is closed to new replies.