Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Walking trousers as casual trousers
  • DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Man goes on MTB forum to ask for sartorial approval. To wear bogging trousers as casual trousers. I **** love the internet.
    How uncomfortable are your other trousers, out of ten? Three or four?

slowoldman

I still have a pair of candy stripe Troll Jesters in the wardrobe. I wear Rohan Bags as casual trousers.

molgrips
    Free Member

Buggered if I’m going to pay silly money

£20 is silly money?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mark90
    Free Member

Since I can’t recall the last time I wore anything smarter than Craghopper Kiwi’s (and I’ve been in shorts since around April/May) I shall refrain from giving sartorial advice.

binners

Molls – there are some very comfortable looking, elastic waistbanded trousers in the Mail on Sunday supplement. They’re the logical end point to where you’re heading here. Why not just cut out the middle man and order them directly? 😀

verses

Nice of them to include a patch to disguise sharting…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No. No no no no, and…. no.

sbob
    Free Member

Would you wear them if not walking out in the hills?

No.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No. No no no no, and…. no.

And furthermore…

…no.

pictonroad

^ those? People wear those.

I’m going to have to lie down.

footflaps

Nice of them to include a patch to disguise sharting…

When you get to a certain age and need incontinence underwear, I’m sure these trousers are very useful…..

But, otherwise no.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ideal for walking, climbing, the office, and making new friends.

tang
    Free Member

Red trousers? I don’t want to look like my Grandad! Just need a tattersall shirt and a ‘worn leather piping’ schoffel gilet.
    Another look certain family members go for is Rohans with shirt tucked in plus fleece. What I do like are heavy canvas trousers for casual, my best ones are from NZ – Cactus wear.
    http://www.cactusoutdoor.co.nz/clothing/mens-pants/wk-slim-supertrousers.html
    Utterly bomb proof.

mark90
    Free Member

Another look certain family members go for is Rohans with shirt tucked in plus fleece

A look favoured by my 72 yr old FIL.

slowoldman

Oh dear. I may be making a fashion faux pas. How should Rohans be worn?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ideal for walking, climbing, the office, and making new friends.

I climb in E9 trousers. Those are pretty tame compared to some they’ve done over the years. Brightly coloured climbing troos are great though.

edit: on a side note, I’m pretty sure those particular ones are intended as a pisstake of the “I’ve been to the alps you know?” two tone style a la OP.

mark90
    Free Member

Wearing Rohans is for those too old to care about such things as fashion faux pas. So go ahead and tuck your shirt in or even accessorise with one of your golfing sweaters and a casual pair of loafers 😉

mark90
    Free Member

Now we’re really talking….

sbob
    Free Member

Walking trousers FFS, what do you do in normal trousers, sit there and, err, sit?

Greatest satire of STW can be found here.

slowoldman

Wearing Rohans is for those too old to care about such things as fashion faux pas. So go ahead and tuck your shirt in or even accessorise with one of your golfing sweaters and a casual pair of loafers

Phew that’s OK then.
    “Nurse, my medication”.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP do you wear velcro shoes?

peterfile
    Free Member

A number of years ago I was visiting my gran in the middle of winter and had just picked up some new shoes on the way there. They were leather soled and so I decided to give the soles a good scuffing on my gran’s rough slabs in her garden.

My gran was looking at me like I was crazy, but after I explained that I was trying to rough the soles so that they were less slippy on the pavement, she immediately headed upstairs to get something.

She reappeared with a shoe box and explained that she’d bought some shoes months ago that were on sale in InterSport but she found them too slippy because of the soles and could I please do the same to her shoes.

Of course!

I opened the box and pulled out a pair of these:

🙂

Bless. She was puzzled when I asked when she took up 10 pin bowling!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Walking trousers FFS, what do you do in normal trousers, sit there and, err, sit?

I assume that you cycle in chinos because wearing special clothes would be ridiculous?

sbob
    Free Member

I assume that you cycle in chinos because wearing special clothes would be ridiculous?

Chinos?

😆 😆 😆

I cycle in whatever I’m wearing.
    Like normal people.
    I’m yet to find a trouser/top combo that impedes my ability to pull wheelies.

molgrips
    Free Member

Of course not. Look, this thread is getting out of hand. These trousers are nothing like old person Rohans, I hate those, and I also never tuck shirts in because I can’t stand that either. You’re blowing it out of all proportion.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Style rule no 1, never ask for advice in public!

OP appears quite defensive. Can we see pics of your style please?

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Too right, don’t bother with velcro on shoes, just wear slippers. Cheap and comfy.
    OP don’t listen to the hordes of fashionistas on here, STW is rife with them. Wear what you want. Those trousers would look lovely with a nice thick Arran jumper.

slowoldman

Now look, there’s nothing wrong with these Rohans. They’re my Bags not my ridiculously short green Bags shorts. I have a smart (ish) polo shirt tucked in, not flapping in the breeze and I don’t wear velcro shoes. Haglofs Vertigo at the moment actually.

Of course walky, climby types have always embraced bizarre clothing combinations. Anyone remember duvet and jeans?

molgrips
    Free Member

Can we see pics of your style please?

L
    O
    L

Cougar

Greatest satire of STW can be found here

Not least of all because it runs to a hundred and nineteen pages. Jesus Mary Joseph and all the bloody disciples, that’s dedication to the cause of a running gag.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

How many pages was the Headset silly question thread?

nickc

that man up there with his shoe laces undone…why? Also why is part of his left trouser leg yellow? (does he need help deciding which legs goes where?)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Not a fan of those two-color ones for the hills, never mind every day. I have been known to wear Craghoppers but these days I’m a bit less keen on the “works in Millets” look.

slowoldman

Millets. That reminds me. I was standing around on the slopes getting some sun. A bloke sidled up and said “Ah British”. “How do you know?” I asked. “Millets” he responded, pointing to my new and very stylish Millet ski jacket. I muttered something like “Peasant” and left.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m a bit less keen on the “works in Millets” look.

I read this thread and couldn’t work out where the negativity came from. this is it, isn’t it? Snobbery from the fact that you look down on Millets employees.

I have happily worn my 3/4 Endura Humvees around town without being pilloried.

I would happily wear those trousers around town OP and not give a fig what people thought. I’d be more inclined to wear them knowing what people think of them now. 😈

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Don’t be mean you lot. You’ll be sorry when they find him spontaneously combusted in front of his single bar electric fire and all that remains are his dentures and his tartan slippers. The air still thick with the smell of Wiltshire Farm Foods sausage and mash and the palpable yearning for human contact.

molgrips
    Free Member

That idea is beginning to take hold in my mind, captain S. I wore them last night and didn’t feel any shame or embarassment, despite their best efforts. Maybe I’m finally old enough to stick up for myself 🙂

PS I like those Humvees in that colour.. mine are black.

footflaps

I wore them last night and didn’t feel any shame or embarassment,

That’s the Aspergers….

peterfile
    Free Member

pointing to my new and very stylish Millet ski jacket.

To be fair, there’s a huge difference between “Millets” and “Millet”!

Why did he assume you were British for wearing a French ski jacket?

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s the Aspergers..

You said ass.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Walking trousers as casual trousers’ is closed to new replies.