Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Walking sandals – anything worth buying
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

Made the mistake of buying some cheap ones which rubbed to buggery, can anyone suggest a decent pair?

Just for use around and about, not full on hiking as such.

tang
    Free Member

Keen Newport.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got some of these.. inov-8 Spotty Dog IMHO.

bencooper
    Free Member

Teva are very good…

tang
    Free Member

Worth a punt at £30 I reckon.

Bimbler
    Free Member

+1 Keen. I’ve got the leather Newport and love em. If I were to criticise them I’d say they were a bit heavy on the other hand they’re now in their sixth season and still going strong. Newports are fine for UK mostly but if I lived somewhere hotter I’d go for a more minimalist keen style. Also got some Teva (can’t rememberthe name and tthey don’t seem to have a direct equivalent, pretty techno though) which are much better water sandals and are okay for short walks/bodding around in.

lyrikal
    Free Member

Merrell sandals are just the job for what you describe, really comfy and great for walking, they even handle surprisingly rough terrain

simonjj
    Free Member

+2 on the Keen Newport , 3 yeas and still going strong

takisawa2

I’ve some 18yr old Clarke’s ATL ones that just refuse to die. Don’t know if they stopped making them.

saxabar
    Free Member

For the non-brand conscious, Karrimor do the job well and look as good as sandals are going to look.

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for Merrells – nice neoprene lining.
    I pretty much live in mine outside working hours, from spring to autumn.

spudly1979
    Free Member

quick update, thanks to all who advised on Keen, after much dithering over the price i invested – really pleased with them! Significantly more comfortable than any previous sandals, no rubbing and no heel pain even when i walk all day in them!

cheers all!

mattg123
    Free Member

+3 for Keen newport, my fave footwear for years & still going strong (wife hates them though)

twoniner
    Free Member

+4 for keen.

dazzlingboy

+5 Keen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Walking sandals – anything worth buying’ is closed to new replies.