Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Walking desk?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone tried it? It seems like it could be a way to shed some calories (and turn the heating down!) but is it really possible to actually work like that? I think typing might be hard, although I usually have my arms on the desk. I also generally can concentrate much better when I’m doing something else menial. On calls I do stuff like play with blu-tak, sharpen my penknife, whittle lollipop sticks with said penknife, that kind of thing.

doris5000

Didn’t know this was a thing.

I suspect I would probably stop to think about something, and then slide off the back

beamers

I’ve got a small treadmill under my stand up desk. Yes, typing is a lot trickier as with your body moving ever so slightly.

However, for Teams meetings where I’m not on camera and don’t have to take lots of notes its ideal.

Keeps me warm as well!

Edit – This is the one I have: Linky

ossify

sharpen my penknife, whittle lollipop sticks with said penknife

Next thing you’ll be bringing a gun into the office and waving it around 😉

Haven’t tried walking/standing desks myself but suspect it would drive me mad.

molgrips
    Free Member

Next thing you’ll be bringing a gun into the office and waving it around

I try to do it on mute. Not sure if the sound can be picked up by the mic but I’d hate to give the wrong message…

I suspect I would probably stop to think about something, and then slide off the back

Lol!

molgrips
    Free Member

Seem to be a major benefit for people with ADHD.

Drac

Ah so not the next AMC drama spin off.

inkster
    Free Member

Didny even know it was a thing…

How about an under desk recumbant turbo trainer, crank arms on a base sort of thing? One for the ‘things that you have recently made thread. Maybe th he OP can whittle one up out of Polly sticks?

molgrips
    Free Member

How about an under desk recumbant turbo trainer,

I’d already have done this if I had the space in the garage! I could’ve picked up any old recumbent and put it on the smart trainer.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

How about an under desk recumbant turbo trainer, crank arms on a base sort of thing?

It’s not recumbent, but here you go:
    https://flexispot.co.uk/flexispot-all-in-one-desk-bikes-deskcise-pro-v9.html

reeksy

To be fair the seat is so far back from the pedals it’s probably worth of ‘semi-recumbent’

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think cycling would be as good as walking.

Anyway, I bought the treadmill from eBay and picked it up. I’ll let you know how it goes today!

cheese@4p

But it says ergonomic

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s harder work than it looks. Because you don’t stop or change gait or pace at all.

Typing is reasonably ok, but my head is moving which is making it a bit weird reading the screen which is also wobbling slightly. I can focus on where I’m looking directly but my peripheral vision looks odd. I suppose I should get used to it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.