Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Walking bottom and Yog Pots…
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

….question for SH riders…

How is track from WB up to the top car park. Has it fully recovered now?

Is the “new” Yog Pots open again?

wwaswas

and the title promised so much.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I know, sorry ! 😉

But mate asked me what conditions were like!

tonyg2003

Fully recovered and Yogurt pots new trail sections opened. Enjoy

arcing
    Free Member

Can’t comment on WB, but Yoghurt Pots has been reopened for a while and it’s nice.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cheers, friend wanted suggestions for evening ride and not sure which CP to suggest. So thanks for updates.

spacemonkey

Rode from WB up to the top on Tue night and it was dry n peachy.

Yog Pots is flowing good n proper. Still one of my top three trails in the area. Personally didn’t have an issue with the ‘old version’ either.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I only rode the new version in its early format – a nice little surprise in the wrong gear first time round!!

blooddonor
    Free Member

@ spacemonkey what’s your other two favourite trails?

brooess
    Free Member

YP is superfast now it’s been fully bermified. Some of the flat corners at the beginning need to be taken carefully but after that, with the trail so dry as it is, you don’t half rattle down 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The early flat corner with the little root by the tree? Great one for the visuals. Don’t look at it and you miss it every time. Little sneaky check and you hit it every time (if it’s still there?)!

spacemonkey

Some of the flat corners at the beginning need to be taken carefully

Yep, I’ve always taken that initial bit slower than I’d like. Something about it makes me feel like I’m constantly on the edge of binning it. Used to like the entrance start point (with that roll-in) all those moons ago.

@ spacemonkey what’s your other two favourite trails?

Dunno TBH. I’ve always done YP at least once (often twice) when in the area as it has an addictive quality to it, even when full of gunk. Can’t remember the name of the one that runs parallel with Lawbrook Lane (crosses near the top) and end in WB. Nice bit of variation along the way. Barry’s doesn’t do it for me since “the change”. Got bored of Telegraph Row years ago – much prefer that saucy little off-camber wot-no-dabbing-allowed jaunt down to the Glade.

brooess
    Free Member

The early flat corner with the little root by the tree?

That got replaced by a mahoosive berm last weekend. The next two are the flat ones. Except now you’re carrying a load more speed into them 🙂

saucy little off-camber wot-no-dabbing-allowed jaunt down to the Glade.

I’m waging a secret campaign to try and get that one re-named from Secret Squirrel to ‘Keep The Faith’ on the basis that’s how you need to ride it 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

flat corners – should be easy but never seem to be ….

njee20
    Free Member

Something about it makes me feel like I’m constantly on the edge of binning it

The camber’s just a bit wrong, on the right hander after the turn to Doc at the Radar Station (which I tried to do a couple of weeks ago and was distraught to find it’s gone, was good fun when it was dry!), I always find I lose the front if I go in too fast.

I’m waging a secret campaign to try and get that one re-named from Secret Squirrel to ‘Keep The Faith’ on the basis that’s how you need to ride it

I always ride that like a total mong, not quite sure why, just have a proper mental block and always end up screwing it up!

Can’t remember the name of the one that runs parallel with Lawbrook Lane (crosses near the top) and end in WB.

Supernova, that is good, sure an additional berm appeared in the middle of last weekend 😕

arcing
    Free Member

The top traverse of Barry’s is so much fun at the moment, I’ve been looping round a doing that a couple of times before heading to the bottom. Sooooo quick.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

By the sounds of it , I should join him tonight! A new berm on YP??

feel the same about first half of TR (my excuse for always riding it badly!!!) but enjoy the blast on the bottom half. Agree that SS is more fun with the roots!

spacemonkey

that’s how you need to ride it

Grippy tyres and a bit of “hit that line straight” IMHO. I remember clearing it (no dabs) a long time ago on a pair of worn semi slicks whilst laughing and commentating out loud to myself 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I tend to worry about dog walkers at the top of YP. No chance of seeing them if you are carrying speed (another excuse 😉 )

spacemonkey

but enjoy the blast on the bottom half.

Yep. That little right hand swing into the woody section finishing with the roll-in to the FR is a tidy little stretch.

spacemonkey

I tend to worry about dog walkers at the top of YP

Just after ‘the ‘change’ I met some (with kids as well) at the start coming the other way. Encouraged them politely that they should head back to the footpath blah blah for their own safety. Received a muffled reply before they carried on. Idjits.

Years ago a mate crashed into the swampy bit when a dog ran in front of him. He literally smelled like a bog for the remainder of the ride. Thankfully didn’t have to share a car with him later.

brooess
    Free Member

I tend to worry about dog walkers at the top of YP

I suspect it’ll be used less as a walking path now – the new berm isn’t really very easy to walk…

joolsburger
    Free Member

I like the reworked top of YP, keep the faith is a much better route down than TR.

It’s all so fast in comparison to the mire it’s been for months…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

4 hour ride to and over Surrey Hills this evening. Wow, YP really is quite different know. Like the berms at the start (and don’t miss that root!) but you seem to carry so much more speed. Had three close shaves with the silver birch on the sweeping LH bend about 1/3 of the way down due to the faster speed. In the old days with all the puddles, I had mixed feelings about that run, but it is great fun now. Thanks to the trail builders.

But where was everyone? In 4 hours only 3 riders at the top of Pitch and 2 on the trail with the gap jump and the drop and berm below Evian on the way down the F Green. Oh and Tattoo Dave doing his good work (great trails Dave, thanks? Just wish I could do the jumps justice.)

Blimey £5 for a pint and some nuts in the Hurtwood. Tasted good though (well before the return climb up Pitch!!)

Little bit of a surprise half way down supernova? Has the doubleback/switchback gone or did I just miss it?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

its a pile of sh*te now its been changed, it was fine before.

Just because it had a few roots showing and was a little bit rough they’ve gone and filled it all in with a new trail

njee20
    Free Member

Someone’s just put a massive double into Supernova, which has rather buggered it, berms are still there.

It was reasonably busy I thought, saw quite a few people out. It never tends to be as busy in summer frankly, nice winter days are the busiest!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes njee, only saw that gap jump pretty late. Wasn’t expecting in.

Anus, it’s very different for sure. Not convinced which was better, but still a lot of fun at the moment IMO. Wasnt the work really to try and minimise the mud/puddles?

The pitch/windmill stuff has changed a bit too!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

After 4 hours (ok it was hot) I am starting to rethink ideas about gee’s 100 miler!!!

njee20
    Free Member

I personally think YP is good now, and they’ve done well to build up the berms on the first few corners in the last week or so.

webcore
    Free Member

That new first yp berm isn’t perfect yet but we can’t touch it till its had a real good soaking. Anus, you can still ride the rooty bit, we left it open. If it tracks too much mud onto the main trail in the winter we may close it. Mud would knacker our efforts to keep it dry to stop it deteriorating. Anyone know who f^¤ ‘d up supernova? Or was it just unfortunate it came dry and it fell to bits after they did it ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Webcore, thanks for all your efforts as, unlike anus, I think you have done a v good job. Interesting what you say about first berm (if you mean right at the very start where it is very yellow and sandyish). IMO it feels better with more speed carried from higher up towards the top if the hill. The bit where I have to concentrate is immediately after the bigger new berm that covers the old root. The next 10 meters (the narrow, very slight flat corner before the obvious real S bend) feels a little trickier for some reason – maybe it was just the tires feeling a little loose on it!!!

Shame about supernova digging. Just looked a mess when I was up there last week.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m not convinced by the new Yog Pots, but it is obviously a welcome change as it had become unrideable due to the increased traffic. Maybe I need to ride it more. I always disliked the flat corner at the top but thought it was a good addition as it tested your skills – we’re a bit flattered with berms on trails these days aren’t we?
    After ignoring Pitch for several years I went there on Friday and will be spending more time there in future – some brilliant trails.

njee20
    Free Member

Anyone know who f^¤ ‘d up supernova? Or was it just unfortunate it came dry and it fell to bits after they did it ?

No idea, although I noticed yesterday they’d put in a board to reinforce the ramp, and the LH side is totally breaking away now. Shame.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Walking bottom and Yog Pots…’ is closed to new replies.