Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Walkers Salt & Vinegar – has the flavour changed or is it me?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Anyone else, or just me?

I’d never do that.

Maybe your hosts considered it a crisp-based punch?

fazzini

This is clearly unacceptable

100% correct. Why? Cos some bugger will have mixed sour cream and chive crisps in that melange, ruining anything else remotely worth eating. SC&C – worthy only of binning 🤮 (Needless to say Mrs Fazzini loves them 😂)

binners

@fazzini – thats a fine selection you’ve got there!

Lea and Perrins Seabrook would wipe the floors with the others in a qualifying round of the Crisps World Cup there, I reckon. The Argentina of Crisps!

ThePinkster

I’ve just been reading through this whilst eating a bag of McCoy’s Thai Sweet Chicken and now I want to go back and get a bag of their S&V….

I think the confusion with the S&V/C&O bag colours is down to Golden Wonder. Their Salt & Vinegar crisps were in blue bags and Cheese & Onion in green but they don’t seem to be about much these days which is a shame as their S&V used to be excellent.

Cougar

Picture the scene; you’ve gone to visit friends or family and they’ve kindly laid on a buffet of some sort. Part of the buffet involves a bowl of crisps. You ask the host, “What flavour are these?” and they say “Oh, I just poured a few different ones in together…”.

This is clearly unacceptable – or so I thought…

Anyone else, or just me?

No, I think that’s an abomination. In my world I’d want a label on the bowl or to tuck the packet underneath so people knew what they were eating. I appreciate that I’m a bit weird with food so I may not be wholly representative, but plenty of folk have things like allergies so it’s not a wild notion.

I think the confusion with the S&V/C&O bag colours is down to Golden Wonder.

No, it’s Walkers. S&V has always been blue and C&O green across all manufacturers I remember from childhood. It was Walkers who did it the other way around for some reason.

chestrockwell

Pipers or a premium supermarket crisp are far superior as are others like Seabrook and even McCoys (although the cheese and onion has a very artificial taste imo).

I used to be on the road often and regularly pick up a meal deal for lunch where my favourite ‘snack’ was a bag of McCoys. One day the taste of the Cheese and Onion changed and it made me sad. Used to be so much better.

binners

Anyone else, or just me?

NEVER cross the streams! Thats the work of a deranged and frankly dangerous mind

No, it’s Walkers. S&V has always been blue and C&O green across all manufacturers I remember from childhood. It was Walkers who did it the other way around for some reason.

It was definitely Walkers who corrupted the S&V packet colour. God intended all S&V to be blue and C&G to eb green. That just the natural order of things and Walkers are clearly satanists

hightensionline

God intended all S&V to be blue and C&G to eb green

Is right.

I may have altered my work schedule to be next door to a Co-op this evening. Sweaty commute earlier, so I need salt, right?

Houns

Mmmm sour cream and chive/onion 🤤

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.