• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by km79.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Waiting for d5p.de17a.com…
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Chrome user here on work desktop.

STW regularly crashes on me, so often that it’s frankly not worth browsing cos I spend ten minutes waiting for Chrome to load a page only for it to crash and to kill pages for every two minutes spent browsing.

I’ve noticed that it often says “Waiting for d5p.de17a.com…” in the bottom left of the browser.

What is this site and why does it screw up my browsing so much?

rossburton
    Free Member

Sounds like malware to me… disable all your extensions and see if it stops. And do a virus scan.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

seeing as my workplace is a global Bank I’m guessing that they’ve got that sorted. It’s only this site I have an issue with.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

crack on and do some work then you lazy shyster 😉

Pyro

There’s a good chance it’s one of the Ad servers it’s waiting for.

milky1980
    Free Member

I get that same message when viewing at work too, plus one for ads.criteo.com. They seem to be ad servers that don’t like being blocked.

km79
    Free Member

Having difficulties with d5p.de17a.com showing up in the lower left corner of your browser? If so, you might have some potentially unwanted program installed on your computer…If this sounds like what you are seeing on your computer, you almost certainly have some potentially unwanted program installed on your computer that makes the d5p.de17a.com domain appear in your web browser. There’s no use contacting the owners of the website you currently were browsing. The d5p.de17a.com statusbar messages are not coming from them.

From a google search for de17a.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Waiting for d5p.de17a.com…’ is closed to new replies.