Waistcoat Wednesday: who wore one with aplomb?

Home Forum Chat Forum Waistcoat Wednesday: who wore one with aplomb?

• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by  nbt.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Waistcoat Wednesday: who wore one with aplomb?
  • Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon Esme
    Subscriber

Does a gilet count?

chewkw

Barbour® Warm Plush Waistcoat – Zip-in Liner

I wear this during the winter.  Very good and warm.  Nice big outer pockets to keep hands warm.

You can order direct from Barbour for around £50-ish.

😀

chewkw

So STW.

Crikey. 😀

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Not sure about with aplomb, wore mine with shorts

hodgynd

Errr..no .

He may have gelled a promising group of players into a team to be proud of ..but do I want to look even remotely like Gareth Southgate ….?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I was having my haircut yesterday at a friend’s barbers and men’s fashion shop. A group of lads walked past seen her Southgate style outfits on display, they started chanting “It’s coming home”

As quick as a flash she sprung outside asked them in to talk about the game, all 8 went out the door having bought  a waistcoat. 😂

hodgynd

Hope she remembered to finish your haircut …😁

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Me, worn with confidence and style. And after the result, for no reason at all.

nbt

I have been wearing waistcoats for years, though as I’ve been cycling to work a lot in the nice weather  I haven’t worn one for a few weeks. I might have to put them away for a while longer till all the fuss dies down.

remember, if you can see the bandwagon, you’ve missed it

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I wore one at my wedding about 25 years ago, but not since. Think they look a bit stupid personally.

Premier Icon myopic
    Subscriber

I wore a plomb on its own, without the waistcoat

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

So there’s a few stylish chaps here then!  A gilet doesn’t count, sorry although they’re an indispensable piece of kit for cyclists.  Love Drac’s post and well done that lady for quickly grasping an opportunity!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Next Outlet had them up on the rack at the weekend, must have been in the back of the store just waiting for the day 😉 .

remember, if you can see the bandwagon, you’ve missed it

Then you just have to own the ironic wearing of it

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

I wore one, just the waistcoat mind.

Nekkid underneath.

Got a nice corner spot in my local restaurant after the match last night, they even called me a cab for the way home. Bless.

nbt

Tempted by this from Wiggle

Our production team have delayed orders of the Southgate jersey until 2020. Well played England!

Posted by Wiggle on Thursday, July 12, 2018

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.