Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Waist/fanny pack options for small Alpine walks
  • rascal
    Free Member

Looking for a pack I can wear on my waist – due to recently broken collarbone I don’t want to wear a conventional backpack. Off to Morzine soon sans bike so walking it is! As I’ll prob never use again after this trip I’m not looking to spend much – £30-ish – but it must to be able to carry 2 water bottles, stash a small waterproof and some energy bars. Wondered if anyone could recommend anything or seen anything around in sales etc…TIA.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Have a look at ultra vests or belts, will be far more suited to your needs and loads more options as well.

fasthaggis

How about a single sided pack ?
    single sling

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rascal
    Free Member

FH – that would be over my dodgy bone 😉

Just spotted this…anyone tried one? Gets decent reviews….and a bladder for £20.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15901427/ultimate-perfor-malham-1l-waist-hydration-pack-15901427

ElShalimo

@rascal – where are you based? I’m sure you could loan one off here

mrsheen
    Free Member

Should be options available from the likes of: OMM, Nathan, Ultimate Direction, Osprey, Lowe Alpine and possibly Pete Bland.

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks ElShalimo – in Loughborough.
    I don’t mind paying £20 TBH…just didn’t want to get a fancypants one for north of £50.
    Plus not sure how many would lend kit to a complete stranger 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Having used various waist packs for long distance running, I have found cheap karrimor ones from sports direct to be as good as expensive brand ones

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Waist/fanny pack options for small Alpine walks’ is closed to new replies.