Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wahoo Kickr freehub what is it/setup?
  • nickdavies
    Free Member

I cant get my gears to run right on the kickr, its a total crapshoot at the small end of the block.

New casette chain and rings so the drivetrain is fine. Mech all adjusted correctly.

Ive got the 1.8mm hub spacer fitted, and the skinny cassette spacer that comes with the cassette fitted and a new 105 10 speed cassette. It was sweet as a nut when I fitted the mucky 10 speed cassette off the old turbo wheel but then as soon as i put the new cassette on its running rough. Changed the chain and front rings thinking they were the culprit, nope. BB is about 500km old.

Have i got the wrong spacers or something? It comes with an 11 speed cassette as standard. Got the correct 130mm end caps in, cant see what ive got wrong.

Poopscoop

Mech hanger out of alignment.

nickdavies
    Free Member

But it was fine before, and is fine on the road. I know the turbo can make alignment issues worse but it didnt have a problem before i changed the drivetrain.

Poopscoop

I suspect when you tighten the frame in the turbo the mech hanger is moving inwards. You can actually see it move if you watch it as you tighten it. If that’s the problem of course.

I’ve had exactly that.

Is it qr or thru axle?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

As poopscoop, you can notice the rear mech move as you tighten the skewer on some set ups, you might need to trim mech to suit the kicker, mine isn’t too bad however.

nickdavies
    Free Member

Its QR. Thanks, I shall look in the morning and loosen it off a bit. It’s fairly well cranked!

Poopscoop

Loosening it might cause other issues.

My cx bike is only used on the turbo so I’ve actually aligned the hanger in the turbo. I blutacked a stick on the Cores pulley wheel. Then used my mech hanger tool. Worked ok actually.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo Kickr freehub what is it/setup?’ is closed to new replies.