• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wahoo cadence sensor
  • blader1611
    Free Member

Having problems with my current sensor (generic chinese thing i think) but it has covered a lot of miles so got my moneys worth out of it. Looking at wahoo cadence sensor as i need bluetooth but it looks like a number of people reporting issues with battery life etc. Any stw reviews on them or can somebody recommend a bluetooth alternative?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Used one for a few months on the turbo bike before I got a new turbo that reliably does cadence, never had any issue with it. Just fished it out of my spares box and it immediately started to flash, still on the original battery. Yours for 20 quid if you want it 😉

Sheriff_Fatman

I had one with a battery issue – it was dead out of the box, and after putting a new battery in, it would last less than a week where I’d only be using it for about an hour at a time.
    However, I emailed Wahoo about the problem (it was about 10 months after I’d bought it as I’d not used it initially) and they immediately sent out a replacement without me having to return the faulty one, so top class service, though I suspect they knew they had a faulty batch.
    The replacement works perfectly and the battery lasts fine, so I’d say don’t be put off by the reviews, as Wahoo do seem to sort out any issues!

blader1611
    Free Member

Cheers mrblobby but i have vouchers for wiggle to get rid of otherwise i would have snapped your hand off.

blader1611
    Free Member

Sheriff – i wonder if one of the reviews i read was yours as that is exactly what i have just been reading. Yeah i did wonder if it was a batch problem as there were quite a few with that specific problem.

mahowlett
    Free Member

I had one, and the battery never seemed to last more than a few weeks, it got destroyed when the sensor moved on a bumpy road and the wheel destroyed it, got a panobike one now which has rare earth magnets so doesn’t need to be so close and that’s much better… The wahoo hrm I have on the other hand is really really good.

mrblobby
    Free Member

mahowlett, I’m assuming blader1611 is taking about the newer one that doesn’t use a magnet.

mahowlett
    Free Member

ah fair enough, in that case don’t get the combined one anyway, the magnets have to be so close, it’s an accident waiting to happen 🙂

srshaw
    Free Member

I’ve found mine to be not too accurate. Battery is fine, but seems to mistake riding on bumpy roads as frantic pedalling. Probably be fine inside though.

blader1611
    Free Member

Its only going to be used on the turbo so not worried about bumpy roads although good to know as i am considering buying an element so could use the sensor on the road bike.

Kuco

I’ve had a wahoo cadence sensor for the past few weeks and it’s been fine. Easy to fit to either crank or shoe and even happier it works with my TomTom watch 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo cadence sensor’ is closed to new replies.