Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wahoo and Lezyne navigation questions
  • Bez

Yet again pondering jumping the Garmin ship… A couple of questions for Wahoo and (mapping enabled) Lezyne users:

Last time I used a Wahoo there were two things in particular that I didn’t like; does anyone know if the most recent firmware changes these?

1. When following a route, “north up” mode couldn’t be used; it was always “track up”, with the position marker righ at the bottom of the screen.

2. When zooming out, the map detail vanished very quickly.

I can’t see any entries in the Wahoo release notes relating to these, but you never know… Any change?

And for the Lezyne folks (BTW it’s the new Mega XL I’m considering):

1. The navigation screenshots I’ve seen show the same approach as the Wahoo: track up, with the position marker at the bottom. Is there a north up mode while navigating?

2. How is it for zooming out?

3. To get routes onto the device, is it a case of downloading, then uploading to Lezyne’s site, then syncing? Or are there any integrated third party services?

Thanks

stumpy01

I can check my Elemnt a bit later, but pretty sure it’s still track up only when following a route and yeah, the detail rapidly disappears when you zoom out.

But I’ll double check later.

IHN

My Element does both those things still.

(Doesn’t bother me, but different strokes for different folks and all that)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flashpaul
    Free Member

I can answer the lezyne route question

you need to upload routes to lezyne’s gps root site and then sync to the mobile app

Exporting files as .tcx from ridewithgps is straightforward even on a mobile device

I have the super enhanced gps and I think it defaults to north up

i use it on road only though so I am usually following turn by turn directions

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAPDSfhV6v69GxMz8

stumpy01

Yep, just checked my Elemnt Bolt….

Same as IHN – track up and detail disappears when zoomed out.

Thing is, I only use it to generally follow a pre-defined route and it’s fine for that.

If i get stuck enough that the detail on the screen isn’t enough, I’ll just get my phone out. You don’t even need a data signal with offline maps on Google Maps.

Sandwich

Why would you need North up? When walking the map is always aligned with the direction of travel.

North is indicated on the map display page of the Bolt.

Bez

When walking the map is always aligned with the direction of travel.

Yours may be. Mine isn’t. HTH. I was mostly curious about the options available on the devices, not about why someone else’s way is the only way 😉

Sandwich

So, it’s just about being cussed for the sake of it. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo and Lezyne navigation questions’ is closed to new replies.