Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Waay OT – experiences of Sofology
  • infidel
    Free Member

Hi all,

We went to look for a new sofa today and saw one we like at Sofology. Price acceptable, salesman nice and not too pushy BUT having just looked at reviews online there seem to be loads of bad ones. That said there are loads of bad ones for many of the other sofa companies and I accept that we are most vocal when upset.

So from the people who I have grown to trust over the last decade… anyone here had any experience with them?

Ta!

djflexure

In my experience you can pay a lot for something that is of mediocre quality. That goes for sofas in general but we had a look at Sofology a year or two back and they seemed to bear that out.

We have had most joy with Darlings of Chelsea, particularly their ex-display/ returns, which are online. Really like Fama sofas, which darlings do. They seem to fit our decor. One thing to watch out for is that they do not generally advertise the manufacturers name. You will look through and see tetrad as well as the Italian leather stuff without it being advertised as such.

If you like Tetrad styling then they have an outlet in Preston – stock is advertised on their facebook page I think.

infidel
    Free Member

Thanks DJ. Its a real frustration as the sofa would have been perfect!

houndlegs
    Free Member

We bought a sofa there about 6 months back. We told them it had to come in the small lorry because of access issues, 3 times they sent a big lorry that could’nt get to us.
    The sofa we bought is advertised as one that breaks in half so it can get through the front door, it does’nt, I had to remove the front window.
    And to top it all, it feels nothing like the one instore, I actually find it uncomfy on the recliner bit that holds your legs, so now I don’t recline it, which is a bit naff cos I wanted a recliner.
    I was all for getting a refund after the lorry and window shambles but the missus wanted to keep it.
    Worst goddam thing I’ve bought for a long time.

lunge

We’ve got a sofa from them and it’s fine, no issues at all. Would buy from them again without hesitation.

oldtennisshoes

Bought 2 from the Dundee store earlier this year – happy so far.

infidel
    Free Member

How can the experiences be so very radically different?!?! 1 company seems to polarise; I wonder if the troubles relate to specific models?

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Can’t comment on Sofology but we bought one from Ikea a good number of years ago now and it has been great. And no issues getting it through the door. 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

We got one from Sofology. The sofa is fine but it came delivered with one scatter vision missing, legs not matching (wrong size so two of the six didn’t even touch the floor)! Somehow the delivery/ installation people didn’t notice (or care) and left it like that. For 6 weeks (the time it took to get replacement feet) we had to support it with Clive Barker’s Imajika and another book the title of which I forget.

dovebiker

No experience from Sofology, but we did buy a pair of sofas from Sofa Sofa about 20 years ago. About 5 years ago we wanted a footstool, but the original colour was no longer available so ordered the current model. After placing the order, they contacted us to ask if we’d like the stool to match our existing sofas as they still had some stock of the old materials.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Waay OT – experiences of Sofology’ is closed to new replies.