Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • W7 Desktop management
  • toys19
    Free Member

every morning I open the same set of windows across my two monitors. 4 explorer windows, a couple of command windows, two versions of the same program, and excel.

Every mornign i have to arrange them the way i like them.

Is there a way to auotmate this?

somouk
    Free Member

No chance of just locking the PC overnight with everything open?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

startup script? Write a little noddy batch file to open the apps/windows you want – not sure how you make them open on different monitors through…

toys19
    Free Member

I like leaving it on overnight, but I’ve been hassled by my boss about wasting energy.

fuzzhead, sounds like a good idea, but it appears that you know as much about it as me… 😀

I guess I was hoping there was a utility that I could buy/download.

thepurist

Just use Hibernate rather than Shut Down when you’re done for the day.

somouk
    Free Member

If no one else is using it then you could try hibernating overnight? Should leave everything as is and keep the boss happy.

Edit: Doh, beaten to it.

toys19
    Free Member

Stoner your Fu is strong, I dun google hard this morning and did not get that. 25 dollar, I shall see if I can get work to pay..

thepurist

I’ll say it again… Hibernate overnight, saves your session to disk so when you restart in the morning not only is it faster to start up but also all your windows are exactly as you left them, even with the same docs, spreadsheets etc open. Your company can pp gift the $25 to me if they really want to spend it…

toys19
    Free Member

Sometimes you have to resart, especially with crap software I have to use, its normally 3 times a week at least. It aint as simple as hibernating.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘W7 Desktop management’ is closed to new replies.