Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • VW T5 Pop Top Recommendations Please
  • climbingkev
    Free Member

As above, looking for recommendations for a company to put a pop top roof on a T5. Needs to include fitting, painting and bed.

Any personal recommendations or ones to avoid, considerations etc welcome.

Cheers, Kev

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pay the extra and get a reimo roof.. where do you live??

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yep pay the extra ……..def good advice

postierich
    Free Member

try a vw forum not this bag of cack!

boxelder

Vamoose near Sheffield.

nealglover
    Free Member

Reimo.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve got a Reimo, I’d recommend them. Also look at SCA. Worth paying for a good roof, there’s plenty of copies around but I’d always opt for the established names.

I look at Vamoose but didn’t like them, their not very cheap either.

Depending on where you’re based there’s lots of good fitters around.

large418
    Free Member

Pay the extra – there’s a few horror stories of people who’ve had a roof fitted and then had it turn inside out on the motorway as “they forgot to latch it down properly”. Actually, probably crap latches. Avoid wooden framed ones – they smell of cheapness.

Once you have chosen a couple, go and see them fit a roof to someone else’s van – walk away from the ones who let 2 17 year olds stand on your pride and joy with an angle grinder in one hand and a big hammer in the other.

Good luck (and get over to the T4 forums)

climbingkev
    Free Member

Cheers all. Reimo was my thinking, just wanted to pursue all avenues. Heard good stuff abou SCA too. I’m in Matlock if there’s any fitter recommendations in the area?

Cheers,

Kev

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

There’s a guy called Andy at AJC conversions gets good praise of the T5 forum, pretty sure he fits roofs and somewhere very near to you.

Stoner
    Free Member

My T4 has a Reimo. Clink had it fitted to the van when he had it all converted. He used these guys http://www.autohausvw.co.uk/ but that would have been 8 or 9 years ago I guess.

It’s been fine mechanically. Ive had to replace the rear fabric panel (5′ x 12″ as it rotted and the roof liner adhesive had given up in a few places but was easy to re-do, but as I say, this is a well used 8 year old+ installation.

It could probably do with a refurb one day where they take it all off, put new fabric in and re-fit. Maybe this year.

Crell
    Free Member

As above, its basically a toss up between the sca (VW Cali roof manufacturer) or Reimo. Lots of threads on vwt4forum about this. You won’t have much change from 3.5k fitted.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Cheers folks!

nealglover
    Free Member

Forgot about the SCA Deluxe actually.

As mentioned above, it’s the roof from the T5 Cali (but without the electrics) and is a viable alternative to the Reimo Roof.

Macavity
    Free Member

climbingkev
    Free Member

I’ve seen them before Macavity, they look great but have a little too much to go wrong for my liking……..

Anyone used austops.co.uk? Can’t find any reviews…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘VW T5 Pop Top Recommendations Please’ is closed to new replies.