VW T4 Camper Van

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale VW T4 Camper Van

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • VW T4 Camper Van
  • Premier Icon cakefacesmallblock

Decent looking van. My x plate 2.5 with less kit than that in it, although it did have the godsend diesel night heater, sold for over 7k last winter.

We live in the UK so a diesel night heater is a must for year round camping and why have a van you only wanna use in summer 🙂

Regrettably I am having to sell my T4 to contribute toward a house deposit.

The van is a 1.9TD 800 Special, everyone seems to want the 2.5tdi as I guess it is a faster version but the 1.9TD is bombproof and has on a good run returnd 40mpg and always above 30mpg making it a camper van you aren’t afraid to use because of fuel costs.
    I bought the van from a Vzi member around April last year and then set about the process of personalising it and importantly making it as reliable and practical as possible.
    I genuinely love this van .. it is very reliable and last year completed a faultless 10 day trip around Europe doing a few hundred mile a day without complaint … I have no doubt once the house is bought and life settles again I will be building another one.

Tested – October 2013
    Taxed – September 2013
    Mileage – 149,000

Engine and Gearbox
    – Turbo replaced July 2012 ( cost £600 fitted)
    – Timing Belt replaced April 2012
    – EGR blank off valve
    – 5th gear modified for better economy on long runs

– Sach Super HD Shocks ( fitted October 2012)
    – CMC 60mm lowering springs
    – Mercedes 17” Monoblock wheels painted olive green
    – Load rated tyres fitted

– Smoked rear lights
    – Clear front indicators
    – Bonnet bra
    – Awning rail
    – Fiamma 3 bike rack
    – Euro pressed metal number plates
    – Hook up connector behind fake fog light
    – Dubflecta wind deflectors

– Full camper conversion.
    – Webasto diesel night heater
    – Split charge system with 2nd battery and battery charger to charge battery when on hook up.
    – ¾ rock and roll bed finished in inca fabric with seat belts
    – SMEV 2 ring gas stove
    – Sink and tap with clean water storage
    – Fridge, 240v ran from invertor (very low current draw in use)
    – Led interior lighting
    – Swivel front seat
    – Camo front seat covers (original seats in excellent condition)
    – Gear lever extender and 8 ball gear knob
    – 240v hook up with consumer unit and interior 240v power point
    – Front and rear speakers
    – Curtain around side and rear
    – CD/MP3 player with aux lead routed to rear of van to plug in ipod etc

– Thermal screen cover
    – 20m hook up lead
    – Passenger side door pocket, not fitted but a good accessory
    – Kyham sun canopy
    – Roof bars … not fitted as overlap awning rail.
    – Will include original front and rear lights that were replaced.
    – Will also throw in any odd camping bits and pieces I have no use for.

Bad bits
    – Bodywork is good but not 100%, there is a nice knock in tailgate which bike rack covers and marks around the body, after all its ben around for a while.
    – Aux belt seems to be slipping at moment meaning power steering is a bit notchy …this is a problem I will fix for the new owner by dropping the van in to a garage … while at the garage I will get a health check done and any issues rectified so everyone leaves the deal happy.
    – Some of the interior wiring could do with boxing in, mainly over the battery charger and around LED lighting. … while I am okay with wiring my carpentry is not great so I haven’t got round to doing it.
    – Could do with a sliding door seal though this isn’t urgent.

Price…. the price of T4 vans is hugely variable with no real consistency so I have totalled what I have spent and subtracted a few thousand pounds at least as a starting point….
    So £5995 ono… van located in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Premier Icon sadexpunk

really tempted to try this, but got an octavia on finance still. not really up on that side of thing, so how easy is it to sell a car you still owe wedge on?

You can sell a car with outstanding finance the buyer I think pays the finance company and you the balance .. I think anyway.

Premier Icon sadexpunk

hmmm got to say im very tempted. dont really know enough about campers to know the pluses and minuses of the conversion and all the bumph really.
    im going to do a fair bit of googling, and also have a word with my mate who’s doing a T5 up. ill also look at my HP small print, see how i go about repaying what i owe when i sell the car.

in the meantime….. any more pics you got of awnings, interior, bodywork marks and scratches etc, please feel free to mail them to me 🙂

Difficult to photograph scratches … its more than passable bodywork …

I do have this shot that may sway you ..

Its not just a van its an adventure 😉

Premier Icon shaggy

Paul, Paul, Paul… You’ll regret it and be looking for a new one in a months time 😉

You are probably right Shaggy but first need to get house then start camper van project again 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘VW T4 Camper Van’ is closed to new replies.