Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • VW (Passat) CC – any owners happy to share their experiences?
  • Mintyjim

I’m still looking and not 100% convinced keeping my 335d is the best (or worst) thing to do, therefore (having recently been in one) thought about the CC.

Anything I should look out for? DPF, EGR, Timing belt change etc.

Either 140BHP or 170BHP, manual not the DSG.

They look stonking VFM second hand!

Cheers

weeksy

Doesn’t Molgrips have one for sale ?

xiphon
    Free Member

I can’t sit in the back of those cars – despite being a “normal” 5’10” bloke, had to bend my neck at a funny angle.

br
    Free Member

early ones only had 4 seats, and tbh I found that the diesel engine and auto didn’t work the best together

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I had a look around one in my recent investigations into a new car. Decent’ish boot but tiny opening = rubbish for buggies and bikes etc. Do seem to get a lot for your money though and they’re nice looking things. No way we could live with the rubbish boot though.

popstar
    Free Member

All passats post 2008 with CR Tdi engines, redesigned brake caliper housings, redesigned oil camshaft pumps etc etc most little issues had been addressed so reliability wise are sound. Or put it this way, are much better than pre 2008.

Mintyjim

haha, thanks Popstar, nice and straight fwd.

Incredible spec, boot could be a problem but I’d more than likely stick a towbar on for the bikes.

I need a comfy, well specced car for a 130 mile daily commute with enough space for weekends away

molgrips
    Free Member

If I were trading in my knackered Passat for a newer car I’d consider one.

BUT I’M NOT!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Brother in Law just bought one but is selling it again – thinks it’s too much of an old mans car. Is buying a Golf TDGTI instead.

I sat in it briefly. Nicely put together but I’m too tall for it – curved roof might look nice but means cramped in the back and you feel like you’re looking out of a slot windscreen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘VW (Passat) CC – any owners happy to share their experiences?’ is closed to new replies.