• This topic has 43 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by IA.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • VW Golf GTD estate. Got one? Tell me about it.
  • Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The only thing I’d swap my GTD for is a GTI PP, I really wanted a GTi when buying ours but they were strong money against the GTD as sales were being hit by diesel-gate at the time so we got a bargain. There were hardly any DSG GTi’s around either, which was a must for me this time around.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The early 6sp wet clutch DQ250 DSG boxes were fine. Torque rating of 350Nm’s. Service interval of 40K. Fitted to 2.0L petrol and diesels.

sharkattack

Thanks for all the input. I didn’t get to see or drive any cars this weekend (I ended up painting the kitchen).

I’m going to broaden my search. I’ll definitely check out an Octavia. I also want to size up a regular 5 door Golf since I’d quite like a GTi. Leon estates are on the radar. They look really smart, I’ll check one out if I get the chance.

I’m still not fully discounting a GTD wagon. It ticks every box. I might be able to use ‘diesel paranoia’ to haggle with a dealer. Then just buy it, knowing we’re keeping it until there’s a scrappage scheme for new electric cars.

Or just convert it to vegetable oil like my old Tranny….

IA

I drove a GTD, then bought a 190bhp petrol Leon, manual, which was nice. But my local Seat garage were…not good fixing an issue. Basically I ended up threatening court action and they took the car back and refunded all my money after 6 weeks. I now have a 520d touring, and it’s nicer in nearly every way. Also more expensive mind… (but was golf R money, so if you’re looking at those…)

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘VW Golf GTD estate. Got one? Tell me about it.’ is closed to new replies.